𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟖

Alana's POV.

"I am 100% sure these are not Kiara's so this must be yours. And these tablets are not for any kind of pain or body ache, these are postpartum tablets."

I was stunned by what Niall said. I don't know what to say.

"Well?" He raised one eyebrow at me questioning waiting for me to speak.

"Umm... N-Niall, look, you can't tell anyone about this please." All I can do is beg, so I did. There is no point in trying to make up a lie or anything.

"That's not what I am asking you, Alana," he said seriously.

"I know Niall. B-But I can't tell you anything."

"Why? Does Kiara know?"

"No, god no, please don't tell her about this please, Niall" I begged, ignoring his first question.

"I am not hiding anything from her, Alana," he said sternly.

"But it's not your secret to tell Niall, It's mine. If I don't want to tell her, I won't. And you can't tell her because even you were not supposed to know. You just went snooping around my stuff" I almost yelled. I know I am being rude to him, he gave me a place to live but I don't have any option here. If I tell him the truth about the medicines he will ask more questions. And I can 't have that. The truth hurts. The truth makes me ugly.

"Look, Niall, I came here for a new start, and to have a new start I really need to let my past go and I am fucking trying here, but you guys keep asking me questions, questions about my past, my parents. How the hell am I supposed to start fresh?" At this point, I was yelling, and on the verge of crying.

"Fine. Just because I don't know you well, maybe you are not comfortable telling me so I won't ask. I won't tell Ki. Just tell me one thing honestly" he said after some time.

"What?"

"Are you using Kiara? Like are you taking advantage of your friendship with her?"

"What? No. No, Niall, I would never do such a thing. How could you even think about me like that?"

"I am not thinking anything wrong about you, darling, I am just making sure you are not going to hurt my baby. And I love her too much to let someone hurt her. She is really happy that you are here. Now, I will forget about these medicines and we will never talk about it again, but you hiding this is making me think the worst scenario" He said looking into my eyes.

"Thank You, Niall." Fuck, I feel bad for making Niall keep a secret from Kiara and Kiara keeping a secret from Niall. But I can't tell them the truth. I don't want them to look at me differently. "And the worst could be the truth, so it's better left untold," I said vaguely, Niall looked at me with wide eyes but kept whatever he was thinking to himself.

"I am going to take a shower. I have prepared the coffee, you can have some," Niall said with a soft smile and left.

Just as Niall left, Harry enters the kitchen. "Ello, love" he came toward me with a bright smile and kissed me on my cheek which took me by surprise. I don't know if Harry noticed my surprised face but if he did he simply didn't acknowledge that and just went straight towards the coffee machine.