𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗𝟖*

Harry's POV.

My relationship with Alana has been just skyrocketing.

I have never been happier than at this point in my life.

And I know, Alana has been trying to do things to make me happy, that's just the way she is making for the time we have lost and for the time she hid her past from me. She doesn't need to but she still keeps doing it.

My Alana is happy now.

Like truly happy.

And there is nothing more I want than her happiness.

She is truly accepting her past, her truth, and moving on. With me. She has done everything there is to heal. She doesn't have nightmares when I am not there. She doesn't push me away when she is scared or nervous. She doesn't push away her happiness anymore.

And she is marrying me.

I still can't believe she is the one to propose to me.

I never thought that was possible. Since I have known her, Alana doesn't do good with confrontation or relationships. She wouldn't move forwards until someone pushes her.

And that someone has always been me.

So, it took me by surprise when she took this step towards our future on her own without hesitation.

And today, she is letting her past go she could fully devote herself to me.

It took me by surprise when she said she wants to come to India.

At first, I thought she wants to move back here, then I realized how absurd that thought is. There is one thing that Alana will never do and that is moving back here.

She didn't tell me the exact reason for wanting to visit India except that she has to and wants to let her past go.

I didn't quite understand what that meant but there is one thing I was certain about whatever this is I don't want Alana going through alone.

Whatever this is I want to be with her. Next to her.

So, here we are. In India.

Once we arrived last night, she told me why she wanted to come here.

She wants to say her goodbyes to Asher. Something she never got a chance to do in the past and there is a large part of that is still hurt. She still blames herself for his death.

She loved him. He was her first love. A pure love. He sacrificed himself for her.

"As much I loved him and I still am thankful to him, it's time I let him go. Say my goodbye's to him" she said looking down at her fiddling fingers.

I rested my hand on top of her "Are you sure about this baby?" I ask softly.

She gave me a small smile "Yes. It's time, Harry. We are getting married... and I don't want to bring my old wounds, old feelings in our new life, our future. I want a new start. With you. Just you and I" I couldn't help but smile at her genuine and hearty confession making me lean down and kiss her.

"I love you, Alana"

So, here we are. Standing in front of Asher's gravestone.

I can see the tears glazing into Alana's eyes.

We have been standing here for the past ten minutes in absolute silence.

Alana is clutching onto the white roses she got before we got here. She exhaled a shaky breath before stepping forward and rested the flowers in front of the stone. There were many flowers already on his stone, fresh flowers.