𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓𝟖

Harry's POV.

"Alana!" I say, shocked and happy and excited and relieved all at the same time.

"Alana? Oh my God, Alana is that really you?" I ask once again, a smile appearing on my face and the guys looked at me with wide eyes, shocked and relieved while Liam and Martin have an excited look on their faces.

"Is that Alana? Can I talk? She hasn't been responding to my call or messages!" Liam says moving forward to take my phone but before he can reach me I pulled back and moved away quickly towards my bedroom direction, locking myself in.

"Alana, Baby bug, is that you? Please tell me it's you" I begged.

"Who else it would be dick head? You got yourself another girlfriend, Styles?" she chuckles making my heart soars with happiness and butterflies flutter in my tummy.

I laughed softly at her sass, shaking my head. This is the first time I am laughing since she left.

"Naah...I already have this amazing girl that I love very much and would do anything at this point to see her," I said, honestly making her go silent.

"I am sorry, Harry."

"Don-Don't be. Just tell me you are okay and coming back again to me"

"I am safe, Harry. Nothing happened yet. Not even a single scratch. And yes, I will come back to you. I promise. I can't stay a day longer than needed. I would have come back sooner but.." she trailed making my heart pick up.

"But what baby bug?" I urge her.

"But...Harry everything is more messed up than I thought" she confessed, sighing.

"I- Just be safe please"

"Yeah...Anyways, I didn't call to talk about me. I called you to tell you that you are a grandpa now. So, happy birthday grandpa! You are old!" she giggles making me smile.

"You have no idea how much I wanted to hear this from your mouth. It's weird last year you kept bugging me by calling me old man and I was acting that irritated me and now I have been wishing for some miracle to happen to hear you call me an old man or stuff and now you are! I miss you, baby bug" I said, my voice soft and on the edge of breaking and sobbing like a little baby.

"I miss you too, Harry. Please don't cry.." she says. God, she knows me so well. "Baby, it won't be long before I am back in your arms, okay?"

"I am not crying" I dismiss, we both know that is a lie "...but I wish you were here."

"I know, baby. But, hey, I have a great news for you!" she exclaims, her peppy voice has a hint of excitement.

"Are you coming back today to surprise me for my birthday?"

"Argh... I wish I could but no. Me and Dominic aren't married anymore. So that's means I was in a 'relationship' with anyone else other than you since I met you!" she confessed.

I know I should be a bit relieved that she wasn't married or with someone else when we were together. That our relationship wasn't a total sham. But I can't help the nagging feeling that is making me still upset that she didn't trust me enough to tell me this before everything turned to shit.

Alana must have noticed my lack of response "I know this doesn't change much, I mean I should have told you about my marriage on my own before but I was just avoiding the truth, okay? And I didn't wanted you to hate me. That's why when I first came here, the first thing I did is know the status of my divorce...And luckily my brother must have done something to fasten the process because my divorce was processed within two and a half weeks...But I didn't know about it since I was you know on a run and all..." she trails.