Drunken Encounter #4 (Finale)

(Rae POV)

I was sat at the table in the cafe, fidgeting nervously as I was waiting sort of impatiently for Sykkuno to arrive. 'Today's the day, he's probably gonna hate me, but he has to know' I thought in my head, though I was disrupted from my train of thought as he walked through the door, still handsome as ever.

It's as if all my worries and hesitations disappeared upon seeing his face, in fact, it's almost as if my mind completely blanked. I always hated how he had that effect on me, how his words could make me just completely docile and timid. Who am I kidding? I love how he makes me feel.

He approached my table, greeting me nervously. "Hey Rae, ca-can I sit?" He asked me with a soft voice to which I nodded while playing with my rings, not being able to make eye contact with him. "So we should talk." He continued, prompting me to briefly meet his eyes and flash a smile, only to avert my gaze moments later.

(Sykkuno POV)

"So we should talk." I started as she briefly met my eyes, though she quickly looked away and continued playing with her rings. I know the woman I love well enough to know that she always plays with her rings whenever she's nervous or sad, I'm guessing it's probably the latter in this case. "Rae, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what I did, now I know you said it wasn't my fault but it was! It was Rae! And I feel so bad for what happened!" I exclaimed, attempting to grab her hand though she recoiled away from me, making a pang of regret spread through every cell in my body thinking that she didn't trust me anymore, I should've have never stayed that night.

"Sykkuno..." She began but sighed before continuing. "Sykkuno, I have something I want to- no, I have something I have to tell you." She sounded incredibly nervous and I was ready to hear the worst of it, though I quickly defended myself before she cut me off once again. "Rae, I'm-" "No Sykkuno, it's my turn to speak now, please?" I heard her voice crack as well as a hint of desperation so I nodded for her to continue, wanting to respect her wishes.

"Sykkuno... Sykkuno I'm... *sighs* god this is so hard!" She exclaimed frustratedly, prompting me to reach out for her hand in an attempt to calm her, partly succeeding. "Okay, you remember that night? When we had sex?" She asked, to which I nodded as a reply. "Well... well we didn't use protection, and I think that I might be, no- I know I am, I'm pregnant Sykkuno." She explained. What am I supposed to say to that? I'm just... I'm speechless.

"And I completely understand if you hate me now or if you never want to speak to me again! I just felt like you had to know! It wouldn't be fair if I didn't tell you and I had it and it wouldn't be fair if the child didn't know either!" She began rambling, bringing me back into the moment upon hearing her say something about me hating her. "No! I mean, of course not!"

(Rae POV)

The blank expression on his face caused me to spiral into a flurry of words, he had to say something to me, it was his sperm that got into my eggs, he owes me that much. "And I completely understand if you hate me now or if you never want to speak to me again! I just felt like you had to know! It wouldn't be fair if I didn't tell you and I had it and it wouldn't be fair if the child didn't know either!" I rambled, taking a deep breath once I was finished. "No! I mean, of course not!" He interjected me before I was about to continue my rambling.

"Are you gonna keep it?" He questioned, to which I nodded, explaining my reasoning. "Yeah I am, my mother would disown me if I had an abortion, and you know I lost all my friends recently so I just... I can't lose my family too." "But I completely understand if you don't want to be involved or if you don't want to support us, I'm not asking for anything from you, I just had to tell you, I couldn't live with myself if I never did." I continued, as a brief silence ensued while he looked as if he was deciding what to do.

"Rae, can I tell you something?" He asked, to which I nodded. "I'm in love with you Rae, I have been for what feels like forever now, I just knew that you'd never feel the same way so I never said anything. So, though I know you'll never want to be with me, I'll never give up on you or that child, our child." He took a breath before continuing. "Now I don't know what this messed up family'll be like what with us not being in a relationship or not living together but I'm willing to try."

"Sykkuno, let me just stop you there! I love you too Sykkuno, for basically the same reason you said, I didn't tell you about it, I feel like I made it pretty obvious though, but yeah! I love you Syk." I interjected before he could spout any more nonsense. "So what does this mean for us?" He asked. "I don't know, but how about we find out? Just one thing." I replied. "What is it?" He asked again.

"Promise me something, promise me that no matter what happens to us, you won't give up on this kid?" I asked with desperation in my voice, to which he gave me a sweet reply. "I promise Rae, I love you and I'll never give up on the either of you. So do we kiss now?" He replied, making me laugh for the first time since I found out yesterday.

"No. But! We can order some food! My cravings haven't kicked in or anything yet but I know that I'm gonna get fat while pregnant so I may as well just start eating as much as I want now!" I exclaimed jokingly, only I wasn't joking one bit. Despite saying no, he still got out of his chair and kissed me right on my lips, in front of everybody in the restaurant, it was only a short kiss though it conveyed all of our feelings for each other, it said all the words that were left unsaid between us.

He sat back down and we gazed into each other's eyes longingly, all the while I was thinking in my head how much I wanted to rip his clothes off and take him right then and there, though my pleasant thoughts were disrupted by the waitress coming to take our order.

"What can I get you two lovers? We have some alcoholic beverages if you guys want!" She called us lovers as if she saw us kissing just now, I'm pretty sure everyone saw that. "Ooh that does sound nice!" I started before I was interjected by Sykkuno, reminding me that I was pregnant. "Actually Rae, you can't drink alcohol now, remember?" He questioned me, making me chuckle lightly and give a joking response. "Ouch, pregnancy's gonna suck!" I exclaimed to which he smiled without covering his mouth, something that made me melt into a puddle of pure joy.

"Oh you're pregnant, congrats! How long have you two been together?" The waitress asked, prompting us to look at each other and giggle before we gave an answer together. "Since just now." We replied in unison, tightening our grips around each other's hand.

I don't know where this is gonna take us, but I do know that I don't care. I'm willing to let fate take over and see where we go from here. Maybe it won't work, maybe it will, but one things for sure, no matter what he does, I'll never stop loving him, and I just hope he feels the same.

A/N: I'm sorry if the new speech layout seems bland, I'm still adapting to it. Otherwise enjoy.

1385 Words.