A Very Pregnant Christmas

A/N: I should mention to curb high expectations or whatever, first, I haven't wrote anything in a while, and as such this might suck, so that's why. Secondly, there's no big plot point or story to this at all, it's really just Rae and Syk, with Rae being nine months pregnant, enjoying a cute Christmas together, that said, there is an... interesting epilogue at the end of the story.

I might add this story as canon to my first long story eventually down the line, once I get to the stage of Rae being a pregnant wife of Sykkuno's, some things would need to be tweaked like where they live etc. but I might just do that at some point, for now though, it is its own separate thing, and might also remain so, depends on what direction I want to take the first story.

Also in the beginning of this story Rae comes off as a huge bitch, but I just want you to keep in mind that it's her pregnancy which causes her to be like that, all those hormones and whatnot, it's not my intention to make Rae dislikable or anything like that whatsoever.

[Also the art at the top (I believe it's a thumbnail from one of their videos), perfectly encapsulates how I picture Rae treating Syk in parts of this story lol.]

Valkyrae is... well, as the title suggests, she was very, very pregnant. Her third trimester, nine months in, 39 weeks along, all of which meaning that Rae's baby could quite literally pop out at any day now. And while sure, that may have been a blessing, seeing as both Rae and her loving boyfriend Sykkuno just couldn't wait to become parents, they were so ready for it, of this they were certain, they just knew it, and because of this, this readiness for parenthood, it superseded every other emotion experienced in the waiting period, the gestation period of their unborn child.

However, that's not to say there weren't some... difficulties, I mean, let's face it, you've likely heard some things about pregnancy, moreover, what a woman experiences during pregnancy, hormones, lots and lots of hormones, all making Rae to appear to be this crazy lady, she was always grumpy, always irritable, hell, sometimes she would make these snide remarks to her boyfriend that even she knew to be insulting and downright hurtful, like making fun of his voice when he would apologise to her for messing up, something he was deeply insecure of, that's how bad this pregnancy made Rae, saying things she would never even think of to the love of her life.

Another thing, the one that probably caused the most strife, was the cravings Rae tended to get, if you're unfamiliar, her food choices were influenced by her baby's own hunger, and well, typical cravings were usually things like red meat, or bananas, or chocolate, and while Rae did occasionally have these common cravings, those were only the minority, in fact, her cravings were a lot more... unusual. She craved the most obscure food items out there, sweets that no one had ever really heard of before, uncommon meat like reindeer, fish like dry squid, I know what you're thinking, thank god they live in LA, one of the few cultural centres of America, that stuff is probably all easy to find right?

Well, wrong. You see, Sykkuno and Rae no longer lived in the city of Angels, they didn't think it was a fitting enough place to raise a child. They didn't go to Vegas either, nor San Francisco, where Sykkuno grew up, instead, they both travelled on down to the city of Seattle, Washington, the place where Rae had very fond memories of her own childhood, she was adamant that raising a child there would be more than perfect, so that's where they went, to Seattle, living in one of the more rural areas just outside of the city. Now what did this mean? It meant that Sykkuno would have to traverse the city streets of Seattle, known for its horrible traffic (though I suppose LA is no better for that), all to find just one item for his pregnant girlfriend to consume within an instant, it was very much a tiring experience, though that wasn't the whole of it. Adding onto the cravings, as aforementioned, was Rae's irritability, which seemed much more worse than most women would experience.