Wistful at Wendy's Wedding

A/N: With all the talk lately about Wendy and her wedding and just all that stuff, I couldn't just not make a oneshot involving that scenario, I know it's probably nowhere close (at this point) to Wendy's wedding IRL but it could be in literal months and I don't know if I'll be active like I am rn.

BTW, the picture of Rae at the top is supposed to her bridesmaid dress, I'll probably describe it in the story but I'm not a fashion/dresses expert and may be terrible at giving a mental image of it, so it's easier to show it so that you guys can picture it too.

*Future me talking* In my own personal opinion, this has to be the best damn thing I've ever written, the vocabulary is immaculate, the immersion (to me at least) is on point (I can visualise everything with ease), it's entirely in third person and done very well, everything about this one was just *chef's kiss*, I hope you feel the same as me when reading this.

Also, if you have the font size that is two from the bottom, every single paragraph ends with the last word reaching the end of the line, it's so aesthetically pleasing to me and I'm so in love with myself even if it took like an hour or two more than it would have to write this story just by doing that, I don't care though, it looks absolutely great!

(Third Person Perspective)

Both Sykkuno and Valkyrae stood opposite each other at the doors to the Wedding Chapel, neither of them ever thinking that they'd make it to this point in their lives, not only attending the wedding of two of their best friends from Offline TV and Friends, but also being central parts of the ceremony with Sykkuno as Abe's groomsman, and Rae as Wendy's bridesmaid, it was a new experience for the both of them, having never attended a wedding ever before in their entire lives, it was no surprise that at least one of the two would be very nervous for the special occasion, but what was surprising was who it was that was letting the nerves get to them.

"Okay. Breathe in. Breathe out. Don't be nervous. You're only walking down the aisle and standing at the front in front of all of your friends, at least the attention won't be directly on you. You'll be perfectly fine." Rae, opposite Sykkuno, practiced her breathing exercises, even making gestures of her hands rising and falling to match her breathing.

"What are you doing? I'm feeling fine, I'm not nervous at all. Stop that." Sykkuno, confused by the short woman opposite him's actions, only assumed that her instructions were directed towards him as he was usually the one to get nervous in a situation such as this one, though she stopped her strange movements and clarified as to what exactly it was that she was doing.

"Shut up Sykkuno!" Rae flung her arm forward and gently slapped his shoulder to discipline him. "I'm doing this for me! I'm terrified right now! Frankly, I don't know how you're not! I'm about to walk out in front of everyone and they're all gonna see me in this dress and I have to remember how to walk in these heels and-" Rae revealed how nervous she was, amazed that Sykkuno wasn't feeling the same as she soon started rambling on, something she frequently did when she'd get nervous so Sykkuno placed his hands on her bare shoulders, cutting her off with his reassurances of her appearance.

"Rae. Rae. Rae." Sykkuno repeated her name three times to get her full attention that he knew he needed. "Everything's going to be absolutely fine, there's nothing to worry about. Don't take this the wrong way, but absolutely nobody is going to be focusing on you. And even if they do, then just know that you look absolutely beautiful, you've never looked more so than in this moment, if you need help walking with heels on, then you can rely on me for support, I'll be by your side the entire time from beginning to end. Okay?" Sykkuno offered his absolute best words of encouragement, even commenting on Rae's appearance that was indeed stunning and Rae truly seemed to be moved by his words, accepting his lovely reassurances.