'Hanging' On By a Thread

A/N: Maturer themes in this story, TW's include Suicide, Self-Starving and Depression. Story idea was suggested by @handovgod, thanks for that and as always, anyone has a request/suggestion/idea, I'll be happy to do it so don't be afraid.

This, as part of the idea, is loosely based off of the music video of All Fucked Up by The Amity Affliction, check it out if you'd like to see where the inspiration comes from, it's a good song by my standards, up to you though, whatever, enjoy, or don't idc.

I put the song at the top 'Be Alright' on repeat as I wrote this, it definitely saddens the mood a lot and maybe try it for yourself, or not, whatever I just had to get into a depressed headspace to write this.

(Sykkuno POV)

I'm depressed...

Yeah...

That's it...

Lately, I've just felt so... lonely... empty even... who would've thought that living in a house with all all of my best friends and my longtime crush would enable me to feel this way? Certainly not me.

Yeah you heard that right, my longtime crush, the one and only Valkyrae, sounds stupid doesn't it? Someone like me liking someone like her, me, so pathetic and worthless... I'm nothing, but her? She's everything, she's the human embodiment of everything that is pure and good in the world, I really never stood a chance with her, she proved that right, rejecting me.

And you know the craziest part? That's not even the worst thing that's happened to me as of late, what did I ever do to deserve this level of punishment? Do you hate me God? Are you even real? If so, are you listening, God? No, you're not, why would someone with complete omnipotence be listening to someone who's just nothing? But still, I'm praying that you can do something God, just save me from the atrocities that I'm going to commit tomorrow, not to others, I'd never hurt a soul, but to myself, after all, I'm a soulless being now.

*knock knock knock*

"Come in." I spoke monotonously, my expression remaining blank as it had been for days and days now.

"Hey." The voice of my crush spoke after hearing the door creak open, I turned to my right and saw her, dressed in an oversized shirt and seemingly nothing else, though I'm sure she just had those ridiculously short shorts that she liked to wear.

Rae said nothing more before coming into my room uninvited, again, saying nothing as she crawled into my bed beside me, also staring up at the ceiling along with me and letting out a heavy sigh, indicating that she had something on her mind.

"You okay?" I asked, glancing over to her for a single moment and seeing an expression on her face that was akin to the one on my own.

"Can we not? I don't really feel like talking about it." Her soft voice graced my ears, whatever it was that was bothering her really seemed to be weighing her down, where's that joyful and cheery Rae? At least she could do something to make my negative mood subside, even if it was only for a moment or two.

"Of course. Whatever you want." I accepted her request, damn her, she really has complete control over me, yet she chooses to just string me along, knowing she has no interest in me and no intention of doing anything regarding this unspoken thing between us, not that she thinks there is an unspoken thing that is.

Her foot brushed against my leg, keeping it there whether by choice or by a happy accident, either way I didn't mind, and she didn't look like she did either, in an attempt to test my hypothesis, I moved my hand from its original resting place on my stomach and to my side, slowly going along until I reached Rae's hand.