Love is a Warzone #5 (Finale)

A/N: I wanted to wrap this up now, I know I said last chapter that this one would be the penultimate one but now it's the final chapter, it may feel a bit abrupt to end but whatever, I have other priorities and I want to focus on them more, therefore I'm ending this now, it might be a bit of a longer chapter, maybe a bit longer than the last one, considering this might need a lot to cover what was originally two different chapters combined.

Just finished and wanted to say this chapter just about breaks the 10000 word barrier by a couple hundred words to give an idea of how long it is, have fun reading.

18th December 2020 10:00pm

Rae now lied in her bed, a huge grin plastered across the entirety of her face, larger than ever before, as she flashed back to the prior events of the evening, back to the impromptu ending of movie night and how it all ended, Rae was so happy right now, more so than she ever had been before, definitely more so than she ever would be again, at least she thought as much.

(Flashback) 9:55pm

It's not like Rae had been lying in bed for an hour thinking about that moment, in fact, the reason as to why Rae was now so happy had only just recently occurred, not a dozen minutes ago in fact, but I digress, let's find out why she was so ecstatic with herself, shall we?

Rae watched as Imane rested her own head on Sykkuno's other shoulder, but she didn't let herself be jealous, after all, what was there to be jealous about? She was doing the exact same thing, and she was doing it first, if anything Imane was just a jealous little copycat, yeah, that's right, with that in mind Rae just ignored her actions, instead focusing on the movie which had just started as she was in a state of pure bliss, right by Sykkuno's side where she's wanted to be for many months now, but it was really happening, this wasn't just a dream.

As the movie continued, maybe like 30 minutes later from the previous instance, Rae once again quickly glanced over to Imane, only to see her fast asleep on Sykkuno's shoulder, she smirked at how stupid she looked and quietly scoffed at the action, but she couldn't blame her, after all, Sykkuno's shoulders acted as the perfect pillow for both women, only Rae was determined not to fall asleep, well, not really, see, she was still going to pretend as much.

Pretending to do the same as Imane, Rae repositioned herself in order to do it better, and to get more enjoyment out of it, Rae scooted over to the very edge of the couch, away from Sykkuno momentarily before she fell to the side, her head softly landing in his lap as she tucked her knees into her chest and rested her hand on his thigh whilst letting out a believable fake yawn, silently giggling to herself right after she had done so.

Following that, Rae stayed completely motionless for a couple of minutes with her head in Sykkuno's lap before suddenly, she felt a bundle of fingers reach for her head, and before she knew it Sykkuno's hands were interacting with Rae's luscious, brunette locks, he began ever so gently stroking her hair and softly patting her head, she had no idea, nor could she believe what was happening right now, but Rae couldn't help but let out a relaxed droning noise that sounded much like a cat's purring from the action, needless to say, Rae was in absolute glee, that's until...

Imane's unconsciousness not letting her control her body, her head began to fall from Sykkuno's shoulder and before he had a chance to prevent it, her hand plummeted from his shoulder and bonked Rae's head as a result. "Ow!" Rae quietly whispered out in pain, hoping that the noises coming from the TV would overpower her voice and make it inaudible, before she could do otherwise though Rae unconsciously rubbed her head in slight pain as a reflexive action, thankfully for her she didn't have to keep doing the action as Sykkuno picked up her hand and placed it back onto his lap, taking over from Rae as he rubbed her head in the same spot, causing Rae to become flustered at how he was handling her even though she didn't ask him.