I'll Always Find Solace in Your Arms

A/N: Just wanted to write something comfy and cute cause I'm in that mood right now and I had this idea for a week now so I'm doing it, it's a little chaotic in parts.

Gonna be a long one, I like writing long chapters and I'm sure some people like reading them, do you know how nice it is for me to take a 40 minute bus home and be reading a long chapter all the way through it? Very.

Enough rambling. Enjoy!

(Rae POV)

"You're so stupid!" I giggled as I read Sykkuno's text message.

He's such a troll, and for what? I've pretty much accepted the fact not to believe anything he ever says but he still tries to troll me anyway.

Sykkuno🌱💛

Sykkuno: "My gf wants to invite you over to dinner, what time should we make dinner for?"

I smiled and massaged my temple with my left hand, forming a fist to do so while I typed a response on my phone with my right hand.

Rae: "I'm not falling for this again Syk."

Sykkuno: "No seriously, we were thinking we could have a romantic double date maybe."

I smiled as I read his text, though my smile was replaced with a frown when I saw double date, Michael and I... we uh, we're on the brink, just one more tipping point and I'm done with him, permanently, we've been on and off for so long and I can't take it anymore, I'm not even sure I'm happy, I might just break up with him anyway, lord knows I should.

Rae: "Yeah okay, whatever."

I gave a slightly dejected reply, something Sykkuno seemed to pick up on with his next text.

Sykkuno: "You okay Rae?"

A slight smile crept upon my face, I love the way he knows me so well that he can tell when something's wrong just through a simple message, there's a reason he's my best friend, the best friend.

Rae: "I'm good, it's just, me and Michael, relationship problems y'know?"

I decided to unburden myself to Sykkuno, I haven't told anybody about it, it feels so good to get it off my chest.

Sykkuno: "Not really, girls aren't into me."

I giggled again, I love him so much man... platonically of course! He's just my absolute favourite person in the whole wide world, despite being the troll of the year.

I started typing out a response to him, though I heard footsteps coming from behind me and quickly turned my phone off, practically throwing it into my lap as I tried to act natural, not realising just how suspicious that looked.

"Who were you texting?" Michael asked, standing on the other edge of the sofa with his hands on his hips.

"Just a friend." I fidgeted with my rings nervously, trying to distract myself from making eye contact with him as I felt him looming over me.

I glanced over to him for a brief moment, seeing him shirtless as sweat dripped down his chest, I used to find him so attractive, hot even, but now? Ugh... I'm stuck in a never ending loop, bound to hit a brick wall at some point.

"Which friend?" Michael interrogated, something he did far too often, he's become so much more inquisitive lately, a trait that was rather unattractive for him.

"Why does that matter?" I snapped back, still keeping my cool though I was annoyed by his pestering questions, not just now, all the time.

"Which friend are you speaking to Rae? Is it Sykkuno?" What is that? Is that jealousy I sense? Sykkuno and I are just friends, best friends, in fact, I consider him like a brother to me.