OfflineTV Superhero Academy #2

Show of Power

(Sykkuno POV)

As I walked into the academy doors, the long-haired girl walked beside me, I saw no better opportunity to introduce myself than right now, we'd surely get pretty close since we're all new recruits, I'd love some superpowered friends, my roommate is alright but, I need friends I can relate to.

"Hi! I'm Sykkuno!" Short and sweet, tell her my name and smile, I offered my hand out for her to shake.

She looked at me with a puzzled expression on her face, halting her movement which subconsciously prompted me to do the same.

"H-H-Hi... R-Rae..." The girl stuttered out, seeming rather nervous and shy which didn't bother me as I used to be that way before my powers started manifesting.

She shook my hand and her palms were sweaty, or were my palms sweaty? Despite my growing confidence, I still had a hard time talking to pretty girls, something that could be really obvious sometimes.

I opened my mouth to speak again though I got lost in her eyes, those deep dark pools of brown with a hint of red, such an interesting colour, maybe it had something to do with her power, either way, they're beautiful.

"Come on guys! Don't fall behind!" Hydrowoman shouted, Rae's eyes broke our shared gaze as she ran back to the group, prompting me to do the same shortly after.

As we walked with the group Fleximan and Sharpshooter veered off to different destinations, they probably had to train or something, though Hydrowoman kept walking with us until the very end.

We reached another set of doors, of which we had already passed through many, and they didn't open, not until Hydrowoman told us to turn around while she opened it, I heard a keypad being pressed four times, followed by the other boy muttering four numbers under his breath.

"5.. 7.. 6.. 1.." Was that the password? How could he possibly know that?

"So... what's it like being a ghost?" I asked the see-through man, not liking the uncomfortable silence that had grown and not seeing a better time to ask.

"I'm not a-" "He's not a ghost, he's merely an incorporeal being." The flesh and bones boy corrected me, to which the ghost nodded in response- well I guess he's not a ghost but, what else am I supposed to call him?

"Quiet down children, all will be revealed in just a moment." Hydrowoman silenced us, allowing us all to turn back around and see the door open.

"Children? We're all 18, we're not children!" The girl, Rae, hit back at Hydrowoman with a bit of sass, something I didn't overly appreciate from her, I hoped she wouldn't turn out to be a rude, cruel person.

"Hydrowoman knows that! We're still children of sorts!" I exclaimed, desperately trying to defend the literal superhero from Rae's ignorance.

Rae gave me an uncomfortable glare before rolling her eyes and crossing her arms, what happened to that shy girl I literally just introduced myself to?

"Thank you very much for defending me, but please, call me Syd, do you know how ridiculous it would be to address me by that every time you see me? You only call me that in the field." Hydro- Syd explained and Rae stuck her tongue at me, she certainly acted like a child.