Cuddling At The Carnival

A/N: Request/Suggestion from a person who shall not be named as per their request. (To the person) It may have veered from the original request a bit and I'm sorry but I could resist when the idea popped up in my head.

I actually started this way before, but seeing Sykkuno go to Santa Monica Pier and do carnival games with Lily and Amouranth makes this so much more fitting.

(Third Person Perspective)

'Twas another day for a gloomy Valkyrae, she had been sad for many days now, though the reason for that still remained unclear to Sykkuno, who merely wanted to cheer the streamer of the year's mood up, so with barely any information to go off of, Sykkuno remembered that the local carnival was on for the week, and even better, it was in walking distance of the house that Sykkuno, Rae and Miyoung all lived in together, and what better way was there to cheer someone up other than a carnival? Party games, cotton candy, roller coasters, haunted funhouses, those little goldfish they give out as prizes, all of those things would surely cheer up her negative mood.

"Rae? Can I come in?" Sykkuno's gente, timid voice echoed through Rae's door, being followed by some light knocks before he only waited.

A few moments had passed and no reply was given, so Sykkuno thought about giving up and trying again later, only to be surprised when Rae came to the door, opening it all the way and revealing herself, dressed in an oversized white hoodie and some black sweatpants, her makeup done but only lightly, it was as if she was already waiting for Sykkuno to knock on her door this evening.

"Hey. I'll be ready in five minutes." Rae greeted Sykkuno with a monotonous voice, her expression matching her tone before she walked back into her room, leaving the door open which Sykkuno entered through, questioning Rae.

"What? Ready for what?" Sykkuno wasn't certain if she was talking about the same thing he was thinking of asking, so he had to ask for clarification to confirm this.

"The carnival. Miyoung told me you were going to ask." Rae revealed that she was indeed speaking about the same thing, while Sykkuno cursed his only other roommate for ruining the surprise he'd planned.

"Oh did she? Damn. Well are you sure you actually want to go?" Sykkuno questioned, not comfortable with forcing Rae to do something she didn't want to, even if he may have planning to just drag her out of the house regardless.

"Yeah. I mean. It's a carnival right? How bad could it be? There's no way I could feel any worse than I already do." Rae's words truly concerned Sykkuno, who had zero knowledge as to why she was so sad, and that's all he wanted to know, all he wanted to do was to find out why she was in this state, and then just make it all better.

"Come on Rae. Tell me what's wrong. Tell your best friend what's bothering you in that big head of yours." Sykkuno sat on the bed next to her as she was trying to put on her socks, unbeknownst to him, she couldn't help but let out a sly smirk at Sykkuno's words, though she soon stopped and resumed her icy exterior, getting up to grab a pair of boots from her closet and speaking to Sykkuno, finding it easier to while she couldn't physically see him, see that handsome face of his.

"It doesn't matter Sykkuno, talking about it won't help so let's just do something to take my mind off it." Rae replied, dodging Sykkuno's question as he mentally agreed to do just that, hoping to see an improvement in her emotional state.

"Okay, well I'll meet you downstairs and then we can go, I promise that we're going to have bucketloads of fun! And if you're not feeling better by the end of the night then I promise to do whatever you want, just ask and I will do it." Sykkuno left the room soon after, though Rae just questioned the sincerity of those promises. 'Anything you say? Would you even... no Rae! Thinking about that is why you're even like this in the first place!' Rae's thoughts were conflicted, so she instead brushed it off and picked out the jewellery she would wear tonight, sad to see Sykkuno gone once again when she exited her walk-in closet, he's always gone, always... just gone.