Amnesia (Epilogue)

*one week later*

(Rae POV)

'Stupid Thomas.' Of course he lures me in and gets my hopes up by kissing me and telling me he wants to be in a relationship with me, only for his wife to show up half an hour later and suddenly, boom! He magically gets his memories back in the snap of the fingers and by the end of the day, he's gone, only for me to never see him again.

'Stupid Thomas.'

And to think, I actually let myself feel something for him, even though I never have relationships, the past ones I was in were so toxic and abusive even, but I really thought Thomas would be different than that, but no, he hasn't called, he hasn't messaged, he hasn't seen me, he's just like all the other men I've been with.

What's even worse is that when Imane took his wife's contact details, she found out that they lived in Vegas, which was a 4 hour drive and a 30 minute flight, but I'm a nurse who works far too much with few holidays, I can't afford a plane ticket, and I can't leave the state, the likelihood of me ever seeing him again is abysmal, I'm never loving again, not unless he comes back to me, but why would he? After all, he's the Sykkuno.

Thomas is quite wealthy, I was shocked at first since he looked like an ordinary man but in actuality he's a twitch streamer, my knowledge of twitch is limited but I do know that streamers play video games live to an audience of random people, sometimes called chat, and Thomas has 3.8 million followers, little did I know that I had a literal piggy bank in bed with me.

Not that I care about the money, I do my job because I love it, not for the money, but still, I've always wanted to be famous, to live in a nice house and order as much takeaway as I want, to enter my garden and be able to swim in my own private pool, and I could've had that with Thomas, his net worth is estimated to be one million dollars a year, do you know what I could do with that?

That's eighty-something thousand per month, I earn two thousand per month, imagine all the sushi you could buy with that!

But at the end of the day, I really wanted him, screw the money, screw the fame, he made me feel a certain kind of way that I hadn't felt in a long time, he made me feel loved, and I hate him for taking that away from me, he and his wife can have their happy little life, meanwhile I'll continue staying at home and thinking about how sad and lonely I am.

(Thomas POV)

I'm so miserable.

I miss her, Rae.

I don't know why I ever left that place, Vegas hasn't felt the same, not that it ever felt any different from how it's always felt, completely boring, after all, I only moved there so I could have a nicer house for Tina and I, but now what?

I left her as soon as we got home from my flight, she understood, surprisingly, being memoryless for a whole month really just changes a person, oh yeah, that's the other thing, I lied.

I had remembered everything from like a month into my stay at the hospital, I didn't wanna tell Rae because I knew if I did then I'd be forced to leave, and even though I had a wife, I still wanted to stay and be with her.

It made sense that Tina couldn't find for me for so long, I was on a surprise trip to LA to visit my friends when I had an accident, the only thing I still don't remember is what it was, the police told me it was a car accident which made sense since I no longer had my parent's Prius which is what I was driving, but I still don't remember anything about what exactly happened, which is probably for the best to be honest, it was probably a traumatic event.

Every time I stream, every time I play, it feels hollow, it feels empty, everything feels empty without her.

I know what people would tell me, why don't you just go to her, oh believe me, I am, in fact, I'm on a plane to LA right now, I'll get a taxi from the airport to the hospital, I'll find her and I'll explain everything, and then... I don't know, I just know I want her in my life, and I don't care about how long it takes, I'll make it happen, no matter what.