AU Sally x Reader + Billie D. H. - Heart of The Void

The cold stone ground was more welcoming than the beds at the pubs. Laying in the arms of a woman, her skin hummed ever so quietly with whispers of prayers from those who sought guidance or a blessing. Those who prayed to The Outsider, the name for to those who do not know her mortal name. You came across Sally's name when exploring the deepest parts of The Void, Sally was showing you parts of the possible future and glimpses of those she blessed with her mark. You are one of those people.

You and Sally got together after months of secret meetings, then she gave you the ability to give others gifts.

Sally stirred under you, a quiet hum of curiosity rumbled in her throat as she finally sat up. Looking up at her, you smiled. "You have to return very soon, I cannot keep you here." Sally plucked a bit of fog that laid at the edge of the slate ground. Closing the fog between her hands and pulling her right hand away, visible in her palm was a heart. "Squeeze it and I'll be able to whisper to you."

She gave you a kiss, the waking world washing over you and the roar of the siren outside woke you up. Sand and wind bellowed outside, tapping on the glass window.

You held the heart, squeezing it lightly. "I love you." Sally's voice whispered to you, then there was a knock. Getting up and walking to the door of your apartment, standing in front of you was High Overseer Billie Dean Howard. Her expression was full of worry as she rushed in past you and dropped her sword. She was panting, taking off her mask and ripping off her gloves. "What is this!?" She squeaked out. "The Mark of The Outsider..? Why are you in my apartment? You only know me through Empress Cordelia-" Overseer Billie looked over at you, holding her hand tightly. "I can't tell her that I received the mark. She will remove me from my post and I'll be burned with the Heretic's Brand." Billie whispered.

"Empress Cordelia has the mark too."