Fireflies in a Dark Tunnel

Ship: Hypodermic Sally x Reader

Summary: The reader comes to Hotel Cortez for a single night. While there, something makes a broken heart start beating like new.

Warning: Mention of Suicide

---

Walking through the doors, you glanced around in rain-soaked clothes. "Oh dear, are you okay?" A woman asked, you squeezing the water out of your coat just outside. "I'm okay... I think... I am so sorry about all this water tracking everywhere, this is going to be a pain to clean up. Uh... I'm so sorry, can I get a room? Once I change into something else and hang these to dry in the shower, I'll be right down to help clean this up." You awkwardly spoke, seeing the woman give you a pitiful smile. "Such a gentlewoman. Here's the key to your room, I appreciate the offer but I got it." You sniffled a little at her words, thanking her once again and heading to the elevator. Room 64.

You came to the room, unlocking the door and stripping away your clothes and getting into fresh clothes. You hung your clothes in the shower, running back downstairs with a few towels to help. The woman who helped you looked up as she saw you. "You weren't lying?" She questioned, eyes wide in shock. "... Why would I lie?" You tilted your head slightly, helping her with the trail of rain.

Once cleaned up, you began to carry the damp towels. "By the way, my name is Iris. We're having a celebration tonight if you'd like to join." Iris spoke up, giving her a smile. "Thank you." You headed to your room, hanging up the towels and checking your phone for notifications. Hundreds of texts and missed calls from Cordelia. You listened to her voicemails, hearing desperation and sadness in her voice. "Please come back home, I'm getting really worried! I'm sorry, I mean it when I said it was over between Misty and I. What happened between us meant nothing. I love you and only you."

Cordelia's voice made you grow nauseated, shaking your head as you deleted the voicemail. How long since you caught her in your bed with Misty? 25 days, soon 26 days. You couldn't go back, it was best to let her believe you got hit on some highway out there than giving her any hope that you were still alive. Your stomach turned and twisted, checking how much money you had on you. Thankfully, Madison had been sending you money to your Cashapp weekly.

You stared at the floor of the hotel room, breaking down into tears. You wanted to go back to Cordelia, but you had to let her think you were gone-gone. She wouldn't come after you if she believed you were dead.

You came down from your room, heading towards the bar. "Club soda with grenadine, please." You ordered, Iris glancing with slight shock. "I thought you were the kind to drink." Iris commented, getting your order. "I guess there's more than meets the eye." You smiled a little at her words, which quickly dropped as you took a sip. "If you don't mind me asking, what brought you here?" Iris questioned, seeing your tired eyes. Heartbreak made you slump over slightly, trying to find something to say. "I ran away. I caught my girlfriend sleeping with her friend in my bed. So, I packed my essentials and started walking." You commented. "And you've been walking ever since?" Iris asked, eyes wide in worry. "Yup. If she thinks I'm dead, then there's no way she will try to find me." You quietly explained, feeling a new presence.

"Ran away due to heartbreak? That sounds a little dramatic." The woman spoke, making you roll your eyes a little. "Not as dramatic as her smashing her vagina with her friend's vagina on my bed after telling me that nothing was going on between them." You explained, the woman's snarky expression quickly dropping. You sipped your drink some more, taking a deep breath. "Would you ever go back to her?" The woman questioned, the two of you sitting beside each other. The question weighed heavily on you, then you got your answer. "No... She hurt me enough to throw away a ten year relationship for good." You mumbled, hearing the woman suck on her teeth at the number. "That's a long time." "Oh, it is. And now, she will never know if I'm alive. As far as she is aware- oh... It's her again." You looked at your phone, Iris grabbing it. "Hello, this is Officer Sally speaking..." Iris spoke up, your eyes wide. "We're deeply sorry, ma'am. (Y/N) (L/N) passed away last night, she committed suicide by jumping off a building into an alleyway." Iris spoke, you could hear Cordelia's pained scream erupt from the phone, her voice pleading and begging for it to be a lie. "I'm sorry, ma'am." Iris hung up as Cordelia pleaded for it all to be a cruel joke. You were handed your phone back, Iris giving a small nod.

The woman beside you gave you a hug, catching you off-guard. "Hey... Let's go to your room." She offered. "No offense, I just met you. I would prefer to get to know you first." You gave a small smile, the woman nodding. "My name is Sally." "My name is (Y/N), and I like your hair." You commented, seeing Sally smile. "Thanks."

Awkward small talk turned to you two hanging out in bed while talking about interests. The sun was slowly coming up as you two sat there and talked. "We've been talking all night." Sally commented, glancing at the sunrise. With a yawn, you nodded. "You should get some sleep." "Nah, I'm fine." Sally gave a small glare. "We can nap here together." Sally offered. "I'd like that."

You got under the blanket, seeing Sally laying beside you. "I like you." You admitted, Sally smiling. "I like you too... Perhaps you can stay longer? Get a job around here?" Sally offered, her eyes scanning yours. "Just promise me you won't hurt me." You felt Sally's fingers intertwine with yours, your once paired set of hands now finding a new fit.

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than hurt you, (Y/N)."

---

Cordelia clung to her phone, shuddering and shaking. The entire room had been trashed, tears still flowing from her eyes. "Delia?" Misty gently called from the doorway, almost scared. "I can't bear to look at you, Misty." Cordelia's voice was hoarse, hours of screaming taking it's toll. "I know I gummed things up between you and (Y/N), and if me leaving will-" "she's dead." Cordelia cut Misty off, who's eyes grew wide in horror. "She's... What..?" Misty felt her blood go cold, hands shaking. "You ruined everything... Just... Get out." Cordelia ordered, shaking her head.

Cordelia was alone in her room, staring at her phone. I ruined everything.