🦇 9:09

Ship: Vampire Diane x Reader

Summary: Diane realizes her feelings for the Reader who is sleeping with a man two years after their breakup. Diane goes after what she loves.

All Diane's perspective

---

Diane sat in bed, staring at the floor. How long ago did you two break up? A couple years ago? Every day she wanted to go back to you, but you were happy alone. But now? Now that you're with a man, she couldn't handle it. Tears pricked at her eyes, sniffling as she tried to hold back her tears. No less, the man was at her work. She had to face the man who was sleeping with you and every day she just wanted to follow after you and scream her feelings into the sky. However, now it was too much to ignore.

Diane let the tears run down her cheeks, getting on her shoes and grabbing her keys. She plucked some roses from her garden, the thorns cutting into her delicate skin. It hurt like the day she sent you away. She got into her car, driving to your home. The moon hung high in the sky.

Diane stared at your house, heart beating hard in her chest. This all started with zero innocence, but now she just wanted to hold your hand and listen to your breathing. She got out of her car, slowly making her way to your door with roses in hand. She was shaking, a vampire shaking in fear that she might not be able to have you back. Sure, she could control your mind into thinking you felt the same, but that wouldn't be honest.

She wanted honesty.

Diane knocked on your door, waiting in the rain. The door opened, you standing right in front of her. "Diane? What are you doing here? It's 9:09." You commented, confused. Diane couldn't help but fall to her knees, the rain having already soaked her hair. She held the roses up as she began to cry. "I can't do this anymore. Everything I do feels so wrong without you in the picture." Diane whimpered, shaking her head. She shuddered as she sobbed, unable to tell if the tears or rain was what got her face wet.

Diane felt fingers lift her face to look up, seeing pity in your eyes. "Come inside, Diane. You'll catch a cold." Diane slowly got up, sniffling as she came in. She looked around, still finding pictures of her up around your house. "Here." Your voice was soft, eyes full of something she didn't understand. She took the towels you handed her, drying off and taking her shoes off. "I'll be honest, I've been waiting every day for you to come back." Your voice made Diane turn her head. She didn't say anything, unable to say a word. "I thought we'd get a house and have a baby and a dog." Diane followed your voice, the light of the kitchen illuminating your face.

Diane hugged you, her arms wrapped around you tightly and innocently. "I love you." Diane whimpered, hearing you give a soft laugh. "I'll leave him." You offered, Diane looking at you in shock. "I'll leave him if you promise me to stay tonight." You whispered. Diane nodded, the clock turning to 9:15.

"I'll stay. Forever."