Diane + Reader - Mama Bear

The reader is Diane's daughter. No shipping, just heartwarming Mama Diane. Chloe doesn't know she was kidnapped in this timeline.

---

You wandered the house, getting what your mother asked for. Diane wanted you to get her camcorder before the two of you visited Chloe. She had went to college a couple months ago, and if that wasn't rough for your mother, then you leaving would break her. So, you decided to do school online. You wouldn't trade it for the world because you'd do anything for your mom.

You got into the car, holding the camcorder. "Can I watch this along the way?" You asked quietly. "Yeah, no reason to ask." Your mother smiled at your question. With a big smile, you flipped open the screen and put in the chip dated 2000.

"(Y/N)! Say hi!" There you were, a little 2 year old. The camera flipped over to show a tired Diane. "If you survive this surgery, I hope you watch these." Your heart broke, but a sense a pride ran through you. The next video played, showing you post-surgery playing with blocks. "How's my little grizzly?" Your childhood nickname. You got the nickname for always being protective of your mother. You remembered a time the mailman came up to Diane with a package and you ran up to him screaming 'Leave Mama Bear alone!' at only 3 years old.

Diane looked over, smiling. "You enjoying them?" She asked, turning her gaze back to the road. "I am! You looked so tired back then." Diane's smile fell slightly. "But I don't blame you, 2 daughters that are wild must be a lot to wrangle." You joked softly, smiling. "I always have to wrangle you in, you wild child." Diane moved a hand from the steering wheel to ruffle your hair. You remembered there were gifts in the trunk.

Diane pulled up to the college, turning the car off. "Here we are." She spoke up. You tuned off the camcorder, smiling a little. Getting out of the car and helping carry gifts, you went with Diane to Chloe's dorm room.

The inside of her dorm was like a dream. String lights, beanbags, a TV. Diane had paid good money for Chloe to get the largest dorm closest to the kitchen, she wanted her to be comfortable. "One day, when you go to college, you'll get a dorm like this." She whispered to you. "I'm not going to leave your side, mom." I'd do anything for you.

The day had passed, gifts exchanged. You and Diane were driving home. "I love you, mom." "I love you too."

Finally home, you curled up on the couch next to Diane. "I Doordashed us food. It'll be here in 10 minutes, little Grizzly." "Thanks, Mama Bear." I love you, Mama Bear. Diane ruffled your hair, smiling. "You're the best mom anyone could have." "You're the best daughter."

I love my Mama Bear.