⚠️ Daydreaming Nightmares

Warning: Violence, Descriptions of Gore, the reader has been taken off their medicine rather quickly after an incident.

Ship: Wilhemina Venable x Reader

---

Sitting at the table, you had grown quiet over a couple of weeks. You had ran out of medication, and so the full weight of the world slammed into you. Anxiety prickled at your skin, every hair on your body ticked in fear. You had become so uncharacteristically quiet that Ms. Venable was the first to take notice right off the bat. She often whispered to Ms. Mead, fear shaking you. They're talking about me. You internally screamed. I'm so dead! I'm so dead! Every bad thing that could happen flooded into your mind like a broken dam. "(Y/N). It is rude to stare." Ms. Venable spoke. You were too scared to even have picked up the playful tone in her voice. She was always light with you, but that was because of what happened when you first got there. The memory still lingered when you saw her.

The cane flew into the air, striking your back harder than ever. You dangled from the chains, unresponsive. You could hardly make out what Ms. Venable was saying, but it seemed like she was gloating about the punishment being a victory for her. And yet, you were still unresponsive. You could barely blink your eyes as they stayed open, psychologically glued open as adrenaline pumped through your system. Perhaps this was the only thing that could save you.

When Ms. Venable unclasped the chains, you limply fell to the ground, a crack echoing through the room as your head struck the ground. Drifting the light closer, the smug grin of hers was quickly replaced with terror. Sure, you were always next to her and irritated her like no other, but she never meant to harm you that badly. Bruises covered your body, the largest being where she last struck. She turned your head, Venable gasping in horror as she fell on her rear and started to crawl back towards the wall. She covered her mouth, the tilted candle giving her light to see what she had done. Your head was cracked open, blood seeping onto the floor. She just wanted to punish you a little, ruffle your feathers and perhaps find out how to get in your heart. But, she had gone too far. As a banshee-like scream finally escaped her, Ms. Mead and a couple of guards ran in, quickly picking you up. It wasn't until Ms. Mead revealed that Ms. Venable broke an artery after several hours of surgery that the leader was changed in a heartbeat.

You sat in your chair, refusing to look at her. It's still been three weeks since then and the day right before the incident was when your medication ran dry. She reached out to gently touch your hand, your eyes quickly meeting hers as you shrunk in your chair. Her piercing eyes, the power-hungry gaze was all you could remember, it's all you could see. It was the last thing you saw every time you went to sleep since that day.  The worry was a spark of something new in her eyes. She gently held your wrist, her grip so tender you could easily move away. "Ms (Y/N)." Venable whispered, her voice softer than ever. You slowly got up, hearing her whisper again. "You're alright. You won't get hurt again." She promised.

Venable pulled you into a hug in front of everyone, her breath shuddering.

"I'm sorry for everything I did to you, (Y/N)."