⚔️ Lined Pockets and Fancy Feasts

Ship: Audrey Tindall x Reader
Summary: Audrey invites the reader to dinner in the Estate District after their night of passion.

---

Walking down the cobbled roads, the sun was unusually bright today. Your clothes did not match those who lived here, your clothes weren't silk nor did they have gold lining in the pockets. However, that didn't matter. You didn't make your money off of wolfhound bets or shady dealings. You made your money fair and square with hard work and patience. Nobody else was willing to convince river crusts for their pearls, but you did. That's how you met actress Audrey Tindall. Famed for her reenactment of The Prince of Tyvia and charm. That charm landed you in her bed during her masquerade.

You came upon the restaurant, Audrey sitting patiently inside. This was definitely a higher end restaurant, it had fewer people. Likely because a glass of wine was almost 200 coins. Walking in, you watched as Audrey perked up. The waitress was ready to shoo you out until Audrey quickly got up. "(Y/N)! You're here!" She chirped, her Northern Gristol accent strong. You made your way to the table, sitting in front of the woman. Her cheeks were flushed from the alcohol, but she behaved sober. The art of acting.

"I'm glad that you accepted my offer for dinner." Audrey's smile was genuine, her hand over yours. "I couldn't just see you once, especially when that single time was in your bed." You gave a soft laugh, smiling. "You don't like my undergarments?" Audrey feigned sadness, her pouty lip turned to a mischievous grin. "Oh I do, but I don't want to know you only by your vagina." You gave a small laugh.

You looked at the decadent gazelle flank on your plate, it was beautifully cooked. Audrey was eating grilled tomatoes and a salad, taking her time with the jammy red fruit. The silence didn't exist, conversation between you two never ended until it grew quiet. It was silent for a moment before Audrey spoke up. "I left Rory." She blurted. You dropped the slice of gazelle, fork clattering on the plate. "You what?" You whispered, eyes wide. "I left Rory. He hasn't touched me in over a year, he hasn't kissed me, but you... You... You made me feel loved. You didn't make love to me, but when you offered to repay the affection it took me aback." Audrey admitted as she stumbled over her words, avoiding your gaze. You leaned in, silencing her rambling with a kiss. The taste of the wine was merely a background note to her flavor, accenting her beautiful taste as your tongue wrestled against hers.

After a few moments, you pulled away. Audrey caught her breath trying to find anything other than love in your stare. Each second, there was only love to be found.

"(Y/N), would you marry me?"