Diane x Reader - A Bite Just Right

This is in Diane's POV. The gist is that she asks the reader out for lunch after being super awkward when helping Chloe into college. Chaos ensues.

---

Diane lingered around the corner, her gaze slowly trailing along the horizon before she spotted you. She had asked you out to lunch, well it was less of an ask and more of a demand. Awkward Diane, that's who she was. She made her way over to you, seeing her piercing gaze in your eyes. She loomed over you, though she was oblivious. "Hi." Diane choked out, her throat dry. Your expression told Diane to back off a little, to which she did like a dog with it's tail tucked between it's legs. What's your name? Diane blinked, thinking. What's your name? Why can't I ask you your name?

Sitting at the table, Diane watched you intently. What is your name? She had barely even touched her food, too enthralled with you. "You know it's rude to stare." Diane broke out of her mind, her mouth agape slightly as she tried to think of what to do. "Oh! I uh- uhm oh uh... Sorry." Diane grabbed her fork, quickly digging into her food. She tried to keep her gaze away from you, chewing uncomfortably. She looked at you for a split second, seeing you put a slice of pancake into your mouth. That was probably too big of a bite. Diane stared at her food. Chicken Parmesan. "So... What's your name?" Diane finally asked, making eye contact. "I'm (Y/N)." Diane tried to hide her smile.

Finishing lunch, Diane walked beside you. She ached to hold your hand, but she held away. Taking you to Chloe and your dorm room, Diane was shaking. She had been staring at you, but she couldn't say how she felt. "Thank you for taking me out to lunch. If you'd like-" "Willyougoonadatewithme?" Diane blurted what was on her mind just as you were talking. Diane watched you blink in confusion, but your smile brought her hope. "I was just going to ask you the same." Diane smiled at your shared thought. "I'd like to. Tomorrow." You gave her a kiss on her cheek, leaving Diane in front of your door alone.

Diane stood there for another heartbeat, her shy smile turning huge. A newfound confidence flooded her heart. She walked to her car, getting into the driver's seat. "I have a date tomorrow." Diane whispered, her smile widening. "I have a date tomorrow!!"