⚔️ Late Night Study

Ship: TB Karen x Reader

Summary: Karen sits in her office depicting ancient runes. She's at her office when nightfall hits, the reader drops off dinner and some affection.

----

Karen sat at the desk, a magnifying glass showing the depth of the etching, the slick black pigment that filled the carvings. She could hear the bustling of Dunwall quieting down to the occasional guard talking and the gentle hum of the ocean. The sun was starting to set, the warm orange sky becoming a sleepy blue.

She took measurements and blueprints of the runes, soon getting an estimation of how one is uniquely chosen. However, deep down she understood it as a deep desire to connect to the void.

Karen perked her head up at a sound, seeing you come in. "Oh, hey." Karen yawned, smiling as she greeted you. "Hey honey. I brought you dinner." You smiled, coming over. Karen set the runes aside, gently grabbing the covered platter. She removed the cover, a hot plate of gently seared vegetables and broth. She immediately began to eat, the hunger setting in. "Do you like it?" You asked quietly, watching her devour the entire meal. She didn't stop to look up, just nodded and continued to eat.

Karen finished her food, looking up. She swallowed what remained, then gave an awkward smile. "I'll take it that you loved it." You gave Karen a kiss on her forehead, heading to the door. "Wait! I'm coming with you." Karen called out, rushing to get her coat on and turning out the lights.

Locking the door, the two of you headed down the road to home, platter in hand.