The SImple Life 🍄

Audrey Tindall doesn't get enough love. She's dramatic and very theatrical like Louis (Beastars). Some happy Audrey time

Audrey Tindall x Reader

🍄 Cottagecore
---

It had been years after Roanoke, the very idea of going back a third time was immediately met with decline. Mostly as she didn't want this new life with you to be tarnished.

In the woods up in Washington, you and Audrey created a life for yourselves with a cottage. You had suggested it after a year of therapy, to which Audrey agreed without hesitation. She looked out the window, smiling softly as the small flock of hens you were feeding had chased you around. Audrey looked to the timer, seeing it get to 0. She opened the oven, pulling out the bread and grinning. This was her first loaf.

Audrey sat at the table, waiting excitedly. She glanced over, seeing you bring in a bucket of goat's milk. "You finished your loaf?" You asked, grinning at her smile. "Yeah! It's almost cooled off completely." She giggled, excited. Audrey closed her eyes, feeling you place a kiss to her forehead. "You're adorable." You chuckled, filtering the milk and putting it into a lidded pitcher. "Do you think we could add onto the coop?" Audrey asked, looking outside. "I'm thinking about it. I saw a rooster up for sale, he's a handsome boy. We could have more chickens." You shrugged, Audrey gasping excitedly.

"Yes, that means we can keep one as a pet." You chuckled, hearing her squeak in excitement. It made you happy to see her so excited, looking into ordering the lumber. "Hey, Audrey. I was thinking... If we purchase the land behind us... Perhaps we could invest in getting some honey bees?" You suggested, looking up. "That would be splendid, darling."

She began to slice into the bread, the crumb perfect and soft. She cut herself a slice, smiling at the taste. Homemade Brioche bread. "Dear, should we perhaps make french toast tonight?" She called out, looking up. You were grabbing your tools, grinning. "Yes please. I'll make pumpkin pie for dessert." You offered, Audrey giggling. "With extra nutmeg, dear. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, like a hug." She gave you a kiss, letting you go outside to add onto the coop.

As you added on the addition, Audrey got started on making the custard for the French toast, grating in fresh nutmeg and gingerly adding cinnamon and cloves. She dipped the bread in, letting the custard soak in for a few seconds before resting into a hot pan. It hissed in the smear of homemade butter, Audrey watching you outside. Grenadine, the oldest hen, was on your shoulder as you screwed in the boards. Audrey glanced back to the pan, flipping the slice and humming in satisfaction of the caramelization. Part of herself praised her for adding brown sugar to the egg mixture.

Audrey watched you come in, washing your hands immediately and then giving her a kiss. "You're a chef." Audrey giggled at your words, tilting her head as you kissed her cheek. "You're amazing, I'm glad to have met you." You whispered, hugging her tightly. "I hope to make the safe haven you've dreamed of a reality. One step at a time." You purred, Audrey giving you a kiss. "You're the sweetest." She cooed.

"And you're my sprinkle of nutmeg."