A Bite Just Right - Part 2 ⚠️

Warnings: you might get Second Hand Embarrassment from Diane's awkwardness. I love writing awkward unintentionally creepy characters. Reader misinterprets Diane's signals.

---

Diane was going on a date with you. Not tomorrow. Today. She had barely slept, too excited. She stared at herself in the mirror after getting dressed. "Have I always stared like that?" She quietly asked herself. Such a piercing gaze, unwavering and creepy. She got her coat on and ran to her car. Dear God! I need to slow down, I'm already 20 minutes early! She might think I'm creepy or too attached! Diane turned her car on, her skin bristling with anxiety and excitement. She hadn't been on a date in a while, lunch yesterday was the first time she felt butterflies like that in a long time.

Diane pulled up to the sidewalk that lead to the door of the dorms. What am I doing here?! I am too early! Diane's gaze focused on you. Oh God! I'm underdressed! Opening the door for you, she watched you get in. You were wearing a nice outfit, almost as if you were going to a formal major event. "Sorry for dressing up so much, I wanted to make a good impression." Your voice brought Diane back to reality, giving you a smile. "Oh! That's okay, you look really nice." No shit she looks nice! Get it together, Diane! This is a date! Taking a deep quiet breath, Diane shifted the gear.

Diane turned the car off, the air was thick with silence. She looked at you, studying your expression. You look happy, are you happy? Am I messing up this date? As you looked at Diane, blush creeped over her face. "Well, we should go in to eat!" Diane gave a soft smile and an awkward laugh. With a small nod, you got out of the car. Diane got out as well, opening the main door for you as she got there first. "Thank you." Your soft voice and mischievous grin brought a throb to Diane's heart. She followed you in, getting to the reserved table.

The restaurant was a little more high end, though she had looked tirelessly for a 5 star restaurant, and how could she ignore a name like Roast? She caught your gaze, a smile pulling at your lips. "You spoil me." Diane gave a small laugh, smiling. "As I should."

Dinner came and Diane was fixated on you again, her eyes locked on you. Time had passed, dinner served. Don't stare. Don't stare. Diane's gaze moved to your lips. They look so soft and kissable. Her eyes shot back up to meet yours, an awkward grin on her face. "How do you like your food?" Diane's voice was softer than she expected. "It's good, but not as good as you look." Diane blinked, trying to process what you said. Did you mean..? Oh! Diane brightened up and gave a small laugh. "You're too kind."

Diane poked at the last of her food, unable to keep eating. The more she ate, the more worried she became. What she didn't know was her expression was rather soft and kind. She pulled her wallet out, paying for the dinner and leaving a large tip.

The drive to your dorm was quiet. Nobody spoke, that was until you spoke up. "You should come into my dorm. Chloe won't be there so it'll just be the two of us." You offered. That'd be great. "Sure!" Diane smiled and got into a parking spot. Walking with you to your dorm, the door was opened.

Diane was covered in a gentle warmth that wafted over. The dorm room was warm and inviting. "Thank you for inviting me in." Diane smiled and looked over at you. "There's something on your mind, do you want to talk about it?" You offered. Diane took off her jacket, thinking. "Sure uh..." Diane wandered into thought, trying to figure out what was on her mind.

"What did I want to talk about?" Diane whispered quietly, still thinking. She heard some ruckus, but didn't pay much attention. "So I guess you want what every other guy wants then?" Diane looked over, confused. Her heart jumped, eyes wide. There you were, standing nude. Diane opened her mouth to speak, but finding words was impossible. What is going on? Diane watched you loosen her belt and unbutton her jeans. Your hands ran up her stomach, butterflies traveling between her legs. "You're so warm, is it okay if I go further?" Your voice, so soft and lustful. Wait...

"No it's not okay!" Diane snatched her belt and jeans, fumbling to get her pants back up. Her heart was racing, eyes wide. She rushed to find her coat, glancing over at your confused state. She laid a throw blanket over you, mumbling softly about getting dressed before Chloe returned.

Diane ran out the dorm and building, sliding on ice for a split second. Getting into her car, she traced her hands where yours traveled. She couldn't think straight, choosing to drive home before she did anything with the drooling mess between her legs.