That Time When Kokichi Helped Himiko Find Her Missing Diary (1)

***This story will probably be set during the first few months at Hope's Peak Academy when Himiko first started having romantic feelings for Kokichi. I think after this particular diary story, her feelings for him will become stronger. So, it's an early Oumeno story.***

   "Just knock," Angie said, gently pushing Himiko in front of the bedroom door of Kokichi and Gonta's room. Angie ran back to the corner of the hallway to hide with Tenko. Himiko shakily raised her fist to knock on the door, but it just hovered there. Tenko tiptoed from the corner up to Himiko.

   "I'll do it," she whispered. Before Himiko could object, Tenko gave the door three loud knocks before swiftly and silently tiptoeing back behind the corner of the hallway. Himiko was about to follow her when the door suddenly opened to reveal Gonta's happy, sunshiny face.

   "Himiko! Nice to see you," he said cheerfully. "Did you stop by to see Gonta's bugs?"

   "Er...um...sure?" Himiko lied, chuckling nervously. Out the corner of her eye, she could see Angie and Tenko facepalming. She shrugged at them. Her MO was to talk to the boy she started developing feelings for: Kokichi. Unfortunately, she was already failing at that, but at least she got into his (and Gonta's) room. Each of the students in Casa V3 shared rooms, which were pretty large. Because the rooms were large, each student was able to decorate their half of the room according to their talents/interests. Gonta's half was on the left side of the room. His walls were painted to look like a bright blue sky with grass all around. As the Ultimate Entomologist that Gonta was, the walls were also plastered with different bug specimens. Like the gentleman he aspired to be, Gonta made sure his side of the room was very neat. His bed was neatly made, his desk had a small bug carrier, neatly stacked insect books, various-sized bug jars, and some tweezers. In the corner of his room, there was a butterfly net that leaned up against a lamp that brightly lit his half of the room.

   "Er...Gonta sorry room look messy," Gonta said sheepishly. "Gonta no had time to clean up." Himiko looked at him with confusion.

   "But, it looks fine to me," she replied, looking around. Matter of fact, it was probably the neatest out of the boys' rooms, or so she imagined.

   "Really?" Gonta asked excitedly. "That relief! Come, Himiko! You should see Gonta's bugs!" He happily waved her towards his desk where one of the jars was filled with butterflies with bright red and black wings. 

   "Oh, those are pretty," Himiko said politely as she admired them. 

  "Thank you," Gonta said proudly. "Gonta catch these butterflies because they rare. Then, Gonta will allow butterflies to mate so they get unrare. Then, Gonta release unrare butterflies back into wilderness where they live happily ever after!" He smiled happily at the thought of butterflies living abundantly in the wild. Himiko smiled back at him.

   "Nyeh...well, I'll use my magic to help them live longer," Himiko offered.

  "REALLY?!" Gonta exclaimed, his eyes welling up with happy tears. "Thank you, Himiko! Gonta would love that!" He reached down to hug Himiko.