Things Get Magically DICE-y For Kokichi and Himiko (8)

Kokichi led Himiko away from the river and back towards Casa V3, never letting go of her hand. Instead of heading home, however, he led her away from the house, careful to avoid the eyes of the others, until he came to a set of train tracks out in the far distance. He led her down the tracks until they came to the abandoned train station. He led her into one of the dark tunnels until he came across the trapdoor and opened it. He led her through the long, dark, narrow tunnel that led to the sewers where they crossed the wooden planks to the other side and headed up the ladder and opened the manhole cover. He helped her out of the manhole and led her to the abandoned hospital where he walked inside and strolled through what was presumed to have been the main lobby but had been transformed, by the D.I.C.E. members, into some kind of living room filled with a soft carpet, beanbag chairs, a giant flat-screen TV, and some video game consoles. They walked through the living room and through the corridor that led to it, until they came to the room where Himiko had been taken by 10 to to see Kokichi.  Kokichi opened the door to find his associates waiting for him.

   "So what's your idea, 10?" Kokichi asked, getting straight to the point. He looked to the pigtailed-clown and the tall, female clown with short hair in confusion. They were the ones who would usually wrap Kokichi in his cloak and put his hat on for him whenever he entered, but this time, they just stood there, shrugging their shoulders.

   "Well, for my idea, you might not want to wear your cloak and hat just yet, boss," 10 explained, reading Kokichi's expression. Then, 10 walked over to a box and pulled out a large foam bat, the kind that resembled a Whack-A-Mole bat.

   "What is that?" Kokichi asked, still holding Himiko's hand. 

   "It's a 'Bop 'n' Sock 'Em,'" 10 replied, shrugging. "Er...at least, that's what I call it. I stol-I mean...FOUND this on the, um...floor of that Chuzz E. Cheeks in the city, you know the one." He eyed Himiko to make sure she didn't catch his slip-up, not that it mattered because she stared at the ground in an uninterested manner.

  "Oookaaay, so what do I do with it?" Kokichi asked. 

  "It's not what YOU do with it," 10 explained, walking over to Himiko and handing the Bop 'n' Sock 'Em out to Himiko who reluctantly took it. "It's for Himiko. I know this is going to sound weird, but I saw this thing on a 70's sitcom once where this married couple weren't getting along, so this OTHER married couple were suggesting ideas to them that might help to improve their marriage. When all the other ideas failed, the final idea was that the couple struggling with their marriage should vent their anger by beating each other with these foamy baton thingies, hence...you know...the Bop 'n' Sock 'Em," he gestured over to the foamy bat in Himiko's hand. 

   "YOU WANT HER TO BASH BOSS'S BRAINS OUT?!" the clown with the blond hair that resembled a flame cried. Before 10 could answer, he started guffawing and poking his elbow out at the tall female clown with short hair. "Haha, did you hear the alliteration? 'Bash Boss's Brains?' Eh? Eh? Hahahahaha!!!" The tall girl shook her hard and sighed.

   "You are such a clown," she replied, her voice dripping with disappointment. 

   "Uh...DUH!" the blond clown replied pointing finger guns at her.

   "As I was SAY-ING..." 10 said in an annoyed voice. "...if it's okay with you, boss, maybe miss Himiko could vent her feelings by, you know...using the Bop 'n' Sock 'Em on you." The other clowns waited in anticipated silence for Kokichi's response. Kokichi turned to Himiko, still clutching the foamy baton and with a dejected look on her face. Still clutching her empty hand, Kokichi used both hands to hold it to his chest.

   "Himiko? I want you to vent your anger and sadness by beating me with that baton...okay?" he said. Himiko merely shook her head and half-heartedly shrugged her shoulders. Himiko looked as though she would never feel any joy or happiness ever again, but Kokichi was not about to give up on her. He gently shook her shoulder. "Please, Himiko," he said. "Please, get angry! Cry! Do something! Please!" he begged. Himiko just stood there, emotionless. 

   "C'mon, Himiko, you can do it!" 10 chimed in. 

   "Yeah, work it, girl!" the blond clown from earlier added. Soon, the other clowns began to chime in, as well, cheering Himiko on. But no matter how much they encouraged her, she still didn't move. Kokichi looked at her with worry and sadness. He wanted to try something else, though he was reluctant to because it seemed rather risky. But he was willing to do anything to allow her to open up and express her feelings. With a deep breath, he tried his new, risky method.

   "C'mon, you dummy!" he demanded in a mock-angry voice. "What, are you too stupid to hit me, or what?!" The other clowns stood in shocked silence and held their breath. "You call yourself a mage? I guess they'll let anyone be a mage nowadays, huh? Maybe Leon was right about you, after all!" The other clowns had no idea what Kokichi was talking about with all this mage and Leon talk, but Himiko did. Mentioning Leon's name struck a nerve in her until she suddenly became alive and livid with anger, tears flowing from her eyes. 

   "YOU WANT ME TO BEAT YOU?!" Himiko shouted. "FINE!!!" Without expecting it, Kokichi got smacked in the face by the foamy baton. Though it didn't hurt, thanks to the foam, Kokichi pretended to be hurt anyways, hoping to satisfy Himiko. He pretended to fall to the ground in pain. Himiko repeatedly bashed Kokichi all over his body with the Bop 'n' Sock 'Em, shouting furiously as she did so. "YOU BIG, STUPID JERK!!! ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS WATCH A STUPID LITTLE TV SHOW WITH YOU AND THEN YOU DECIDE TO JUST...DISMISS ME!!! EVEN THOUGH I'M ALWAYS PULLING STUPID PRANKS WITH *YOU!* I ASK YOU TO DO *ONE* THING, BUT YOU DON'T WANT TO JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK IT'S BORING!!! AND THEN WHEN I FIND SOMEONE WHO'S WILLING TO SPEND TIME WITH ME AND DO SOMETHING THAT I WANT, YOU TREAT *ME* LIKE THE ENEMY!!! HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!" She socked Kokichi over and over again, tears streaming from her eyes, until she was satisfied. Breathing heavily, she dropped the baton, fell to her knees, and began to sob. "I can't believe...you would treat me like crap...after all of the things I've...done for you!" Kokichi, unharmed, crouched next to Himiko and embraced her tightly, smiling and laughing in relief, happy that she had finally expressed her feelings.

   "You're right, Himiko," he whispered in her ear. "You have every right to be angry at me. I'm so sorry." Without saying another word, he held her even closer and let Himiko sob into his shoulder.