The Monster of Casa V3 (6)

"I don't believe this," Himiko breathed incredulously to herself as she sat down on the couch in the living room as Kokichi set up their pillow fort. "I can't believe that Osiris is that thing." 

   "Well, we can't exactly confirm it just by looking at his eyes, Himiko," Kokichi pointed out. 

   "But it adds up," Himiko said. "Gundham said that the creature's prints were cat-like, and...and Osiris's eyes are the same color as that thing's eyes!"

   "It's only a possibility," Kokichi said. "We can't confirm anything unless we see the monster with our own eyes." Himiko's heart sank with dread.

   "Do we have to sleep out here again?" she whimpered. "What if Osiris comes back? What if he tries to kill us or eat us this time?"

   "Well...at least we'll die together," Kokichi joked. Himiko looked at him with disbelief. Kokichi shook his head and chuckled. He made sure their fort was secured, and that the entrance was now covered by the blanket, then looked over at Himiko. "Okie-dokie, the fort is done," he said. He and Himiko crawled inside.

   "I'm serious, Kokichi," Himiko hissed. "What are we going to do if Osiris tries to kill us?"

   "Himiko, you have magic, do you not?" Kokichi sighed with frustration. 

   "But you said-" Himiko began.

   "For the last time, Himiko, I only said we're not using your magic to run away from this," Kokichi interrupted. "I didn't mean you can't use your magic at all. If the time comes when you need to use your magic to defend ourselves, you need to use it. So for once, stop being such a big baby because you're seriously pissing me off!" Himiko looked at him with a hurt expression. Her eyes became wet with tears, but she looked away to hide them from Kokichi. He sighed. Though it wasn't his intention to hurt Himiko's feelings, he needed her to stay focused for the sake of theirs and everyone else's safety. He gripped her shoulders and looked her in the eye. 

  "Listen to me, Himiko," he said in a kind, yet firm, voice. "I need you to stay strong, okay? Think about Tenko. Think about Angie. Think about Tsumugi, Miu, and everyone else. Think about the things and the people that make you happy. They're the reasons why we're doing this, and why we have to get rid of this monster thing. I understand that you're afraid. I am, too, okay? But this isn't the time to be cowering in fear. We have to do this. So I need you to stay focused, okay?"

   "O-k-kay..." Himiko sniffed, wiping her eyes. "...I'm sorry." Kokichi sighed and wrapped his arms around Himiko. He kissed her forehead and held her hand tightly in his.

   "We're gonna get through this, okay?" he said. "I promise." Through her tears, Himiko let out a small laugh.

   "But...you're a liar," she sniffed. Kokichi chuckled softly.

   "Okay, then...we're going to die a horrible, painful death," he said. "I promise." They laughed softly together and shared a small kiss. "Well, we'd better get to sleep, in case that thing *does* come back. If it does, I at least want to be awake enough before the running and screaming starts." He turned off the lamp in their fort and pulled Himiko close to him before laying down. "Good night, Himiko."