Himiko Forgets (4)

The next morning, Kokichi felt reinvigorated. He wanted to do his best to help Himiko bring back her memories. With a spring in his step, he got dressed and headed out his bedroom door, and up the stairs to Tenko and Himiko's room. He knocked on their door. When it swung open, Tenko was glaring daggers at him.

    "What do you want, degenerate?" she spat. Kokichi was about to tell her that he wanted to see how Himiko was doing, but he knew that she wouldn't let him in, so he thought of something that would make Tenko absent for a while. He smiled as he put his hands behind his head.

    "I just saw Shuichi downstairs grab Kaede's cheeks and squeeze them," he lied. "The *downstairs* cheeks, if ya know what I mean!" Tenko's mouth dropped wide open.

   "WHAT?!?!" she exclaimed. "Oooo...I'll have a word with that disgusting, perverted degenerate!" Tenko growled, rolling up her sleeves. Tenko tromped down the stairs while Kokichi rolled his eyes and scoffed.

    "Pff...idiot," he muttered under his breath. Then, he silently opened the door, so as not to attract Tenko's attention. He walked inside and locked the door, and turned to find Himiko cowering on her bed. 

    "Who are you?!" Himiko asked in a frightened voice, hiding behind her blanket. "Why'd you lock the door?! If you do anything to me, I'll call...what's-her-face...'Tin Can' for help!" Kokichi burst into laughter. 

    "'Tenko,' Himiko," Kokichi corrected. "Her name is 'Tenko.'" 

    "'Tin Can,' 'Tinky-Winky,' 'Tank Ho,' I don't care!" Himiko exclaimed. "Who are YOU?" she asked again. Kokichi cautiously walked up to her bed.

   "I'm Kokichi," he replied. "Kokichi Ouma."

   "Wh-Why'd you lock the door?" Himiko asked. "What are you going to do to me?!"

   "I locked the door for MY own protection, so Tenko doesn't kill me if she finds out that I'm in here," Kokichi replied. "And, I just want to talk to you. To help you remember."

   "Why do YOU want to help me?" Himiko asked suspiciously.

   "Because I'm your boyfriend," Kokichi replied. Himiko stared in surprise and lowered the blanket cautiously. A look of guilt washed over his face suddenly. "I'm also the reason why you're like this in the first place," he added remorsefully. 

   "Y-You're my boyfriend?" she asked. Kokichi nodded. Himiko looked him over. "Wh-Why did you do this to me?" 

    "Well...it was an accident," Kokichi explained as he took a seat on Himiko's bed. "We were playing tag. I was chasing you around the house, and you slipped and fell because the kitchen floor had just been recently mopped. That's when you hit your head...hard, and well, now you've got amnesia...all because of me." 

    "It doesn't sound like it was completely your fault," Himiko said thoughtfully. She had completely lowered the blanket and seemed less afraid of Kokichi. Kokichi shrugged sheepishly.