Himiko's New Friend (End)

The next day at school, news spread around about what had happened to Himiko the previous day.

    "How did it go down, Li'l Red?" Mondo asked Himiko in Biology class. Himiko explained to them what had happened.

   "Ah, yes! Nori Nakagawa!" the teacher replied. "I do recognize that name! Ha, it's just like her to give herself a name like 'Guki,' and stalk you everywhere you go, Himiko! She was right about you replacing her as the Ultimate Magician, but it's not because the school saw you as a 'better magician.'"

   "Nyeh...what do you mean?" Himiko asked, feeling somewhat disappointed.

   "Nori Nakagawa was the Ultimate Magician before you were, yes, but she was just WAY TOO weird to be in this school!" the teacher explained. "She kept going around sniffing people's feet, giving everyone wet willies, and licking people's elbows!" The class groaned in disgust. "So, in the end, she got kicked out!"

   "Wow, I'm glad I never came across her!" Hina exclaimed. She then turned to Himiko. "I'm glad you're alright, though, Himiko! I'm sorry for not believing you! If you want, I can make it up to you by buying you some doughnuts!"

    "Yes! I apologize, as well," Taka said, bowing to Himiko. "Will you please forgive me for doubting you, Himiko?" Most of the other students, as well as the teacher, apologized to Himiko. Other students just rolled their eyes and scoffed, not even bothering to apologize to her. But Himiko didn't mind. She accepted the apologies of her classmates, even though she wouldn't have minded if they hadn't done so. She had something else to look forward to the next day, anyway.

***  

     The next morning, Himiko hailed a taxi to take her to the airport in Tokyo where Kokichi would be arriving. She excitedly entered the airport and waited at the gate through which Kokichi would be entering. She took a seat as she waited, looking every so often at the departure/arrival schedules on the screens above her. After half an hour of waiting, Himiko looked at the arrival schedule one last time and saw that Kokichi's flight had arrived. Himiko saw a large rush of passengers come flooding in from the plane. Heart beating rapidly, she craned her neck for Kokichi, but didn't see him. She didn't lose hope, however, as there were people still pouring in. Finally, she saw that familiar checkered scarf, that familiar playful grin, and that familiar mischievous gleam in his eyes. Himiko couldn't contain her tears as she ran into Kokichi's arms. 

     "Hey, Monkey Buns! Nee-heehee...didja miss me?" he teased playfully as he squeezed her tight. Himiko opened her mouth to respond, but she couldn't find the words. She closed her mouth and squeezed Kokichi tighter, tears streaming from her eyes. Kokichi allowed her to cry for a few minutes before pulling away to wipe her tears. "Haha, it's been a rough week, huh?" he asked sympathetically. Himiko nodded as she sniffed, her breathing shaky from all the crying and the excitement from seeing Kokichi. Kokichi smiled at her, pulled her into another hug and gently rocked her until she was ready to calm down and speak. 

    "I missed you so, so much," she whispered. 

    "Awww, Himiko, you're gonna make me cry," Kokichi teased. Still hugging him, Himiko smacked him playfully on his back. Kokichi laughed, then lifted her chin to her give her a kiss. "I missed you, too, Monkey Buns," he whispered back. Their foreheads touching, they stared into each others' eyes for a few moments. Himiko sighed blissfully. "Besides, New York was pre-tty boring!" Kokichi said after a while, breaking the trance.