Magic School (8)

*I'll make a small interruption here for this chapter, but just so you guys know, I'm aware that people from the Southern U.S. and from Australia don't normally speak like the characters in this chapter. This is just how the characters themselves speak; though the slang is real, it is not how people in real life normally speak. Okay...back to the story!*  

      Miss Pokie showed Himiko all over the school, where the classes were, the cafeteria, the library, the recreational room, the bathrooms, and finally, Himiko's own room. 

      "This will be your room," Miss Pokie said as she grandly spun around in the room. It was large with a fireplace, two desks, two large beds, and a large, brightly-lit chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Himiko found her luggage next to the bed on the right side of the room. "And this will be your uniform," she added, handing Himiko a magician outfit with a white-collared, short-sleeved shirt with a red jacket, black skirt, white tights, black ankle boots, and a black top hat with a dark red band around it. "Dark red is the theme color of the  Autumn House," she explained. "There are four houses in which the girls of this academy will reside in: Winter, Spring, Summer, and Autumn. And, well, here you are! Now, I must go! School starts in two days, dearie! Take all this time to memorize the school, and the location of your room! Goodbye!" With that, Miss Pokie flung her wrist at the ground, causing a puff of smoke to engulf her. When the smoke cleared, Miss Pokie was gone. Himiko went to her luggage and took a deep breath. 

    "I can't believe I'm finally here," she said to herself as she unzipped her suitcase and took out her pajamas to settle in for the night. When she changed, she took her phone out to try and text Kokichi, again to let him know that she arrived at the academy and had settled in her room. He hadn't responded to any of her texts that she had sent on her way to the academy; she'd hoped he was doing okay. She then felt her stomach rumble. "Oh, my!" she exclaimed. "I haven't had dinner, yet! Nyeh...guess I'll have to get dressed, again and-" Himiko was interrupted by the door suddenly swinging open to reveal a fair-skinned girl with green eyes and long, auburn hair that cascaded down her shoulders like a waterfall, and the Autumn House uniform on.

    "Oh, my stars!" the girl exclaimed in a Southern accent. "My new roomie is finally here!" She walked up to Himiko with a large smile on her face. "Well, look at you, sugar! Ain't you the cutest li'l thing in the world!" Himiko couldn't help but chuckle. The girl reminded her of Tenko when they first met each other. 

   "Nyeh...hi, I'm Himiko Yumeno," Himiko introduced shyly. 

    "Awww, that's so goshdarn ky-uuute!" the girl giggled and thrust her hand out for Himiko to shake. "Name's Darlene Swan! Nice to meet you, honey!" Himiko shook Darlene's hand. Himiko's stomach rumbled again, causing Himiko to blush.

   "Nyeh...sorry, I haven't eaten in a while," she apologized. 

   "Ain't nothin' to worry about, cupcake!" Darlene pulled out three large muffins, one banana, one blueberry, and the last, strawberry. "I always snag me a few muffins after dinner, even though we're supposed to take just one." She shrugged nonchalantly. "I can never decide which one I wanna eat, so I just take all three. So, which one do you want?"

   "Strawberry for sure!" Himiko said. Darlene smiled and handed Himiko the strawberry muffin. They both sat on Himiko's bed, Darlene eating the banana muffin. "Are you going to eat the blueberry one?" Himiko asked.