That Time When Kokichi Helped Himiko Find Her Missing Diary (6)

They arrived at Hope House in complete silence. Kokichi nodded towards the door, encouraging Himiko to go knock on it. Without a word, Himiko knocked on the door of Hope House, a bit forceful, much to Kokichi's surprise. She'd been acting strange ever since they'd left 7th Island House. The door opened to reveal Byakuya Togami, the Ultimate Affluent Progeny. 

   "Halloween is over," Byakuya said in his usual snooty tone. "Sorry. No trick-or-treating here." He was about to close the door, but Himiko held the door open.

   "We're not trick-or-treaters," she said in a low, menacing voice. "We need to talk to Mondo. Let us in!" Byakuya smirked at her.

   "If you think I'm going to let some little witch and her playmate come in here, you've got another thing comi-" But Byakuya didn't even get to finish because Himiko kicked Byakuya in his shin.

   "GACK!" Byakuya cried out and fell to the floor, grabbing his shin. Kokichi's mouth dropped open in surprise and delight. Himiko grabbed the collar of his shirt and looked him dead in his eyes.

   "Let. Us. In." she demanded. Byakuya glared at her and moved out of hers and Kokichi's way.

   "J-Just get out of my sight!" Byakuya said, still holding his shin. Himiko reached for his glasses and broke them in half.

   "What sight?" she scoffed and tossed his broken glasses aside. Kokichi let out a short laugh of astonishment. Himiko stormed off angrily to search for Mondo's room with Kokichi right behind her. His face indicated that he was impressed and amused, but he decided that it was best not to say anything to her at the moment. It didn't take them long to find Mondo's room, which was also Taka's room, since the residents of Hope House also shared rooms. Himiko knocked on the door which revealed Kiyotaka Ishimaru, the Ultimate Moral Compass.

   "Hello, there!" Taka announced. "Why, it's Himiko and Kokichi! Nice to see you, two! I hope you're doing gre-"

   "Where is Mondo?" Himiko asked, interrupting Taka.

  "HIMIKO! IT IS NOT POLITE TO INTERRUPT! PERHAPS I NEED TO TEACH YOU HOW TO-" Taka began.

  "NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR STUPID RULES!!!" Himiko shouted. "TELL. ME. WHERE. MONDO. IS!" Taka was unnerved by Himiko's shouting. He didn't expect someone so small to yell at him like that. 

   "Yo, what's with all the screaming?" a voice came from inside the room. Mondo walked up to the door to see who was shouting.

   "U-Um...H-Himiko wants to t-talk to you," Taka said to Mondo. Mondo let out a hearty laugh.

  "What's up, bro?" he asked. "Little Red got you all flustered, or somethin?'" 

  "N-No, bro, of c-course not," Taka lied, laughing sheepishly, and walked back into the room feeling defeated. Mondo turned back to Himiko and Kokichi. The look on Himiko's face surprised him.