Himiko Helps Kokichi Write A Scandalous Love Letter (6)

"There they are," Kokichi whispered with a sneaky grin as he peeked around a corner to find Hiyoko and Mahiru conversing with each other at Hiyoko's locker. "Ready, Himiko?"

   "Um...uh-huh..." Himiko muttered. She was still reeling from the kiss that Kokichi had given her. 

   "You sure?" Kokichi asked, laughing in amusement at her being so flustered. 

  "Yeah, yeah," Himiko grumbled. She straightened her hat and took a deep breath. She walked out from behind the corner towards Hiyoko and Mahiru. 

   "Oh, look, Mahiru, it's the wannabe witch," Hiyoko sneered. "What do you want, wormbait?" 

  "Hiyoko, come on, be nice," Mahiru chided. She turned to Himiko with a kind smile. "Hello, Himiko! How are you today?"

   "Pretty magical," Himiko replied with a smile. Ever since Kokichi smooched her, her mood had been lifted, though she was still trying to pull herself together. Hiyoko rolled her eyes.

  "Gah, you're so lame! What is that even supposed to mean?" she scoffed.

  "Well, I wanna show you two some magic," Himiko said. "I should probably show you in the gym because it involves my doves and it'd be easier to clean up the feathers there if they fall off."

  "Like I wanna spend my morning before school watching your stupid magic tricks and cleaning up after filthy birds!" Hiyoko spat.

   "First of all, they're not tricks! It's real magic!" Himiko growled. "And my doves aren't filthy! They're clean and beautiful!"

   "Hiyoko, let's go see. It might be fun," Mahiru suggested, trying to keep them from arguing any further.

  "Fine! I'm only going cuz you're going," Hiyoko replied to Mahiru. 

  "Okay, to the gym we go, then," Himiko said to them. Hiyoko and Mahiru began making their way to the gym with Himiko following them. She looked back to where Kokichi was still hiding and smiled at him, giving him a thumbs up. He smiled and gave a thumbs up in return. While the three girls were gone, he made sure nobody else was around. Then he snuck over to Hiyoko's locker, folded Shuichi's notes, and slid them into one of the small, narrow holes towards the top of the locker. Then he slinked away laughing impishly.

***

   Later that afternoon, Himiko was about to leave for lunch when the teacher stopped her. 

  "Uh, miss Yumeno, since you were unable to do lunch detention yesterday, you have it today," he said. Himiko felt disappointed, but relieved at the same time. She didn't know what would happen when Hiyoko would find Shuichi's notes in her locker, and part of her didn't want to know. She sighed as she sat down and started doing the math homework that had been assigned that day. Suddenly, her phone vibrated indicating that she had received a text message. She looked at her phone and saw that Kokichi had texted her.