A Dangan Fairy Tale: Himipunzel (6)

A couple hours later, Kichi, Himipunzel, and Sir Quacks-A-Lot arrived at a busy village filled with people who were selling food, jewelry, antiques and more. There were also people who were walking by just trying to get through the hustle and bustle of the crowd. On the other end of the village in the distance was a tall castle that shot upwards towards the sky. Himipunzel looked around her in amazement, never seeing so many people in her life.

   "Wooow, this place is amazing, Kichi," she breathed. When Kichi didn't respond, Himipunzel whirled around, but the jester was nowhere in sight. "Kichi?" she asked. 

   "Ssshhhh, don't say my name so loud," Kichi whispered, suddenly appearing behind her. He had changed from his jester attire to a regular villager's outfit. 

   "Where were you? And why did you change?" Himipunzel asked.

   "I changed right before we left the forest to enter the village," Kichi explained. "You just didn't notice because you were too busy sightseeing."

   "Well, why did you change?" Himipunzel asked.

   "I just wanted to get into more comfortable clothing," Kichi replied. "I can't wear the same outfit all the time, y'know."

  "Why did you not want me to say your name out lou-" Himipunzel began, but Kichi nudged her ahead.

  "Let's get a move on," he interrupted.

   "What is this place?" Himipunzel asked as Kichi led her through the village.

   "This is the kingdom of Momotakita," Kichi answered. "Ruled by King Kaitonius and his wife, Queen Makiana."

   "Oooo! I've never met a king and queen before!" Himipunzel said. "Do you think maybe they'll know where my sister is?"

   "I'm not sure," Kichi said. "But I don't think we should ask."

  "Why not?"

  "The king and queen are pretty....uptight people," Kichi explained. "I should know. I've performed for them, and they didn't find me amusing."

  "Oh...I'm sorry," Himipunzel said. "Is that why you've been roaming around the Four Season's Forest? Because they kicked you out?" 

  "Um...yeah," Kichi replied quietly, looking away from Himipunzel. 

   "If it makes you feel better," Himipunzel said bashfully. "I think you're funny and fun to be around." Kichi gave her a small smile.

  "Thanks," he said quietly. "Well, anyways, we should probably ask the villagers around here if they've seen your sister."  Kichi and Himipunzel spent the whole afternoon searching and asking around for Tenkodil, but to no avail. It was near nighttime, and Himipunzel's stomach began to growl.