The Hello Kitty Café

"Kokichiiiii!!!" Himiko called excitedly as she knocked on the door to Kokichi and Gonta's bedroom. The door swung open to reveal Kokichi, who rubbed his eyes sleepily, and yawned. "Oh! Were you napping?" Himiko asked.

   "Mm-hmm..." Kokichi mumbled. He stretched his arms and smiled sleepily at Himiko. "What's up, HimiCocoa Bean?"

   "Well...a Hello Kitty café just opened in Tokyo, and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" Himiko explained. Kokichi stiffened, and his eyes darted back and forth.

  "Er...um...I can't," he replied. "I won't be able to make it that day."

  "Nyeh? But I didn't even mention what day I planned on going," Himiko said. 

   "Well, when *did* you plan on going?" 

   "This Saturday!" 

    "Okay, well...I won't be able to go that day," Kokichi said, slowly closing his bedroom door. Himiko stopped him, however.

  "Nyeh...wait, Kokichi!" she said. "Why won't you be able to make it that day?"

   "'Cuz...y'know...I got some business to do with you-know-who," Kokichi replied. Himiko understood that he was talking about his organization, D.I.C.E. She slumped her shoulders in sadness and disappointment.

   "Okaaayyy..." she mumbled forlornly. 

   "Why don't you ask Tenko and Angie to go with you?" Kokichi asked.

   "Well, I could, but..." Himiko paused to look at Kokichi with puppy eyes, and wrapped her arms affectionately around him. "...I wanted to go with my Panta Bear." Kokichi chuckled as he rolled his eyes and blushed at Himiko's nickname for him.

   "Alriiight," he sighed reluctantly. "I'll go."

   "Yaaayyy," Himiko replied softly, shyly clapping her fingertips together. "I promise...you'll have fun."

   "Whatever you say, Monkey Buns," Kokichi smiled at her and stroked her cheek. Himiko smiled back at him and waved goodbye, skipping happily away. Kokichi then closed the door, and sank to the floor in despair. 

   ***

   Saturday had come, much to Kokichi's dismay. He reluctantly knocked on Himiko's bedroom door. Himiko opened it immediately, and was dressed for the occasion. 

    "Ta-daaaaa!" she said, throwing her arms into the air grandly. "Do you like my outfit, Kokichi?" Kokichi's eyes widened, and he took a few cautious steps backwards as if Himiko were some vicious, snarling dog. Himiko was wearing a white tank top with Hello Kitty's head on it along with a red bow that popped out from it. She also wore a red, poofy, ruffled skirt decorated with white polka dots on it. On her feet, she wore black mary-jane pumps, and on the side of her head was a small, black bow.