Himiko Becomes Her Greatest Fear (1)

"MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!" Kokichi laughed out loud, tossing his head back and leaning back into the plush pillows on his bed. In his hand was Kaito's smartphone that he stole in order to do some prank calls. He didn't want to use his own phone to avoid the calls being tracked to him. "Ohhhh, Himiko, aren't prank calls the best?" he asked, handing Kaito's phone to Himiko who sat across from Kokichi on his bed. "Now, you try!"

    "Nyeh...I dunno, Kokichi," she replied, waving her hands in front of her. "I don't think I'm as good at prank phone calls as you are."

  "Well, you never will be unless you try it," Kokichi pointed out, plopping himself right next to her. "Here, just give it a shot." Kokichi dialed a random number before giving it to Himiko so she'd have no choice but to answer. "It's ringing!" Kokichi said with an impish grin on his face and handed it to Himiko. 

   "Hello?" a woman's voice on the other line asked. Himiko opened her mouth to say something, but no words came out. She looked at Kokichi who motioned his hand for her to say something. "Hello?" the woman asked again.

   "Um...hi," Himiko said. "Is your refrigerator running?" She then heard a *click* on the end of the line, indicating that the woman had hung up. Kokichi began to laugh.

   "Nee-heehee, really, Himiko??" he said. "You went with the old 'running refrigerator' joke??"

   "It was the only thing I could think of," Himiko replied quietly, pulling the brim of her hat lower over her face. "I told you I'm not good at this." 

   "Eh, whatevs," Kokichi shrugged nonchalantly. "It was fun, anyways." He began to laugh as he remembered a prank call he had done earlier. His laugh started out quietly as ghoulish, spine-chilling chuckles, then it turned into wild and sinister cackling. "That one call, though! That was great!" Himiko looked at him wistfully. 

   "Kokichi? How do you do that?" she asked.

   "Hm? How do I do what?"

   "Your evil laugh," Himiko replied. "How do you do that?" 

   "I dunno," he replied. "Guess it just comes natural for me. Why? Do you want an evil laugh, too, Monkey Buns?" he asked, pinching her cheek. 

   "S-Sorta," Himiko replied shyly. "I mean, since I'm your girlfriend, I've been wanting to...well, you know...take after you."

  "Why don't you try it right now?" Kokichi suggested, playing with a strand of Himiko's hair. 

   "Nyeh?"

  "Yeah, try and laugh evilly right now!" Kokichi said. Himiko looked at him with uncertainty, but she nevertheless opened her mouth and sat there as if waiting for the laugh to come out on its own. 

   "It didn't work," she finally said. 

  "Well, Himiko, you can't just sit there with your mouth open," Kokichi said, laughing. 

   "Mmm...maybe I'm just too tired right now," Himiko said. "Trying to laugh when I'm really tired is such a pain." Kokichi smiled and rolled his eyes at her. 

  "Well, don't force yourself," Kokichi said, nuzzling his nose against hers. "I'm sure your evil laugh will come out on its own. In the meantime, you should write some lines for our future prank calls. You definitely need to work on that!"

   "Gee, thanks," Himiko mumbled sarcastically. "That makes me feel much better."

   "I may be a liar, but I'm not gonna sugarcoat EVERYTHING for you, HimiCocoa Bean," Kokichi said, crossing his arms and lying down on Himiko's lap. "If I feel like I need to be straight-up with you, I'll do it. Tough love, y'know?" He reached up to boop her nose. 

   "Nyeh...well, I'm gonna be straight-up with YOU, then," Himiko replied, thrusting her fists on her hips.

   "Oh? How so?" Kokichi asked with an amused smile.

  "Like this: I don't like doing prank calls!" Himiko said. "In fact, I'll think of a better prank than that! Something that'll...impress your pants off!" 

   "You're saying that you're gonna impress me so much that my pants come off?" Kokichi asked with a raised eyebrow and a naughty smile. "I must admit, I admire your determination, Himiko." Himiko started to blush.

  "N-No! That's n-not what I m-meant!" she stammered. Kokichi laughed impishly. "I meant that the prank I'm going to pull will impress you so much that it'll make prank calls seem boring and...and...not fun!" Kokichi smirked at her.

   "Well, if you feel so adamant about this, then I guess it's something to look forward to," Kokichi said, squeezing her cheek. "You've suggested good pranks in the past, so I can't say I fully doubt that this time will be any different, bu-uuut...if you fail to entertain me with this so-called prank of yours, it's back to the phones with you, got it?" 

  "Oh, you WILL be entertained!" Himiko insisted. She pushed Kokichi off of her lap and hopped off his bed. She walked up to the door and touched the knob, ready to turn it and leave. 

   "Himikoooo..." Kokichi called out to her, smirking at her as he did so. He was lying on his stomach with his head resting smugly in his palm. She turned back to him with crossed arms. 

   "Yes, future word-eater?" she asked. Upon hearing that, Kokichi let out an unsettling giggle that sounded both innocent and sinister. 

   "Hmm...let's see...you like pulling pranks, you want a maniacal laugh, and you feel the need to entertain others around you," Kokichi said, counting  those points on his fingers. 

   "And?" Himiko asked impatiently. Kokichi gave her a sneaky grin.

  "Don't you know what you're turning into?" he asked her. Himiko's heart skipped a beat as she thought about what he said. She had a feeling that he was playing mind games with her, but she was determined not to be swayed by his words. As a response, she just stuck her tongue out at him. He blew a kiss to her and winked, causing her to huff at him and slam the door.