Things Get Magically DICE-y For Kokichi and Himiko (2)

It was late when Himiko came back: 12:15 a.m. Himiko yawned as she put her sweater back up on the coat rack. She had a fun evening with Gundham and had plans to meet up with him again the next day. It was quiet in Casa V3, which was to be expected since it was late and everyone should have been asleep by now. At least, that's what Himiko thought when she heard a voice. 

   "It's pretty late, don'tcha think?" called out the voice of Kokichi. Himiko spun to find him standing in the entryway of the living room leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. He had a smirk on his face, but something about his smirk didn't seem like his usual playful one. This smirk had a hint of scorn to it.

   "What are you still doing up?" Himiko asked. 

   "Well, I got up to get a drink, but then I noticed that you were still gone," Kokichi replied. Himiko eyed him suspiciously. That had to be a lie. Was he waiting for her this whole time?

  "How could you have known I wasn't home yet?" she asked him.

  "I noticed your sweater wasn't hanging on the coat rack," Kokichi simply replied. "But enough about me. Why were you out so late?"

   "Nyeh...what's with the third degree?!" Himiko asked defensively. "I told you that Gundham and I were watching Hamtaro! We ended up watching it up until season 3, and...and...and why would you even care?!" Kokichi didn't respond. He just glared at her, tight-lipped, and curtly walked past her. Himiko stared in bewilderment at him as he walked away. She suddenly felt confused and despondent. She thought she and Kokichi were starting to become really good friends, and hopefully something even more. But now, things were going downhill with him, fast! She sighed heavily as she trudged up the stairs to her room.

  ***

  The next afternoon, Himiko was getting ready to go see Gundham. She wore a dark red frilly blouse with black capris, black mary-janes, and her black headband again. She went downstairs to get her sweater from the coat rack, then walked into the living room where the others were either watching TV, reading, or texting. Kokichi was one of the people watching TV, or so it appeared. His eyes were watching the television, but they looked distant as if he weren't really focused on it.

   "Um, hey, everyone, I'm gonna go head on out, okay?" Himiko said to everyone. Everyone else who was paying attention nodded to her. Noticing her outfit, Kokichi huffed and pouted, trying to focus on watching the television. 

    Days went by and Himiko kept going over to Gundham's house. One night after coming home, Himiko noticed Kokichi was waiting up for her again. His arms were crossed and he was rocking back and forth on his heels as if wanting to say something to her.

   "Um...I have an idea for another prank," he said quietly. "Wanna hear it?"

   "Okay, sure," Himiko replied, forcing a small smile onto her face. Kokichi seemed to brighten up a little. Though Himiko did want to make up with him, she couldn't help but feel awkward. 

   "Well, I was thinking that maybe tomorrow, we can plant fake money on the street, and while people bend over to pick it up, we can throw water balloons on them," Kokichi said. Himiko's smile vanished.