Kokichi and Himiko Go Dream Hopping (1)

Himiko was doodling in her notebook instead listening to her math teacher, Mr. Watanabe, drone on about algebra. She smiled and blushed as she drew little doodles of her and Kokichi holding hands and kissing. She knew she should have been listening, but Himiko could never seem to focus during algebra; she considered it, and math in general, her worst enemy. Instead, she would usually just daydream about her and Kokichi, whether it be sharing one milkshake with two straws, or taking a romantic stroll along the beach under the pinkish-purple, evening sky glittered with stars. She sighed dreamily, so lost in her reverie, until she heard a scoff right next to her. Himiko snapped out of her daydream to turn her attention to Maki, who gave her a brief, cold stare before turning her attention back to Mr. Watanabe.

    The desks in the algebra room were connected in a way that would sit two people each. Himiko's deskmate was Maki. Usually, Maki and Himiko got along well, but lately, Maki had been acting strangely aloof and distant towards Himiko. Himiko didn't know what she did to cause Maki to act like this towards her, but for some reason, she felt like it had something to do with her relationship with Kokichi. Himiko knew Maki hated Kokichi, and perhaps, Maki saw her as an enemy, being Kokichi's girlfriend. It also didn't help that Maki's boyfriend, Kaito, didn't get along well with Kokichi. Himiko and Maki weren't the best of friends, but she did want to stay on Maki's good side. Himiko quietly cleared her throat and put her doodles away, and turned her attention to the board to focus on the algebra lesson. Fortunately, Maki seemed to be less irritated, as her cold demeanor had softened. A few minutes later, however, her aggravation returned due to Kokichi walking through the door. She glared at him as he came in carrying a note in one hand, and a bunch of snacks he was carrying in his other arm. Himiko, on the other hand, waved at him shyly. Kokichi flashed her a quick smile.

   "What do you need, Mr. Ouma?" Mr. Watanabe asked him.

   You just got a letter! You just got a leeetter! You just got a letter...from Miss Yoshida! Boop!" Kokichi sang, handing Mr. Watanabe the note. He opened the little note and read it.

   "Ah, okay, then," he said, folding the note back up. "Thank you for delivering this to me, Mr. Ouma. And give her my thanks."

   "Okie-dokie, teach!" Kokichi replied. Before Kokichi left to go back to his own classroom, he made his way towards Himiko and Maki's desk, and placed the snacks he was carrying on Himiko's side. The whole class watched in silence as he leaned forward and wrapped his arms around Himiko's neck to give her a smooch on the cheek. Himiko looked at him with delighted surprise. 

   "For me?!" she mouthed the words. Kokichi winked at her in response, then stroked her cheek. Then, he walked to the door of the class, giving Himiko a small wave before leaving. Himiko looked at the snacks that Kokichi had brought her from the vending machines in the hall: strawberry mini doughnuts, strawberry Pocky, strawberry-flavored candy, and a couple of strawberry sodas. Himiko smiled widely at the snacks Kokichi had given her that she forgot that she was in the classroom. The silence made her look up to see almost everyone, including Mr. Watanabe, giving her smiles. Himiko blushed.

    "Awwwww...that was probably the cutest thing I've ever seen!" Hina gushed. "And he got you doughnuts, too! I'm so jealous!" 

   "Yes, that was quite adorable! No cap!" Sonia chimed in with a sweet smile.