The Not-Your-Talent Show! (7)

It was the afternoon before the Not-Your-Talent Show, and Kokichi decided to walk Himiko to 7th Island House for her last practice session with her band. 

   "Sooo, are you nervous about tomorrow?" Kokichi asked her. 

  "A little," Himiko replied. She was nothing but nervous given how much she kept squeezing her arms and rubbing her hands together. 

  "I'm sure you'll do great," Kokichi assured her. "This is your chance to be a rock star, remember?"

   "Well...not really," Himiko scoffed. "All I'll be doing is hitting the triangle. Whoop-de-doo." She then sighed. "Even though I'm really nervous, I'd still like to be the one singing."

  "Aw, no te preocupes, mi amor," Kokichi replied, patting her on the shoulder. "I'm sure you'll get your chance!"

  "Okay, I've been meaning to ask...what is it with you and Spanish, lately?" Himiko asked.

  "It's a fun language to learn!" Kokichi said. "I've been learning it on this app called 'BingoLingoGringo.' I've been learning everyday, and I think I'm getting good at it, just like you guys got better at making music in a span of two and a half weeks!"

   "Speaking of which...what are you going to do for the show tomorrow?" Himiko asked.

    "I'm not gonna be in it," Kokichi simply replied. Himiko's eyes bugged out at him.

   "YOU'RE NOT?!" she exclaimed. "Why?!"

   "'Cuz I don't wanna be," Kokichi replied. 

    "D-Do you not have other talents?" Himiko asked quietly.

   "Oh, believe me, I do," Kokichi replied with a sly grin. "But I think I'd much rather watch you and your band, and everyone else perform." 

   Oh, well...okay, then," Himiko said quietly as they reached 7th Island House.

   "Welp, this is your stop, Monkey Buns," Kokichi said, hugging Himiko. "See ya later, Tow Mater! Git 'er done!" He kissed her cheek. Himiko smiled shyly at him then entered 7th Island House for her last practice before the show.

   ***

   The evening of the Not-Your-Talent Show had finally arrived, and the auditorium of Hope's Peak Academy was completely packed with students who weren't competing, parents, neighbors, teachers, etc. The students who were competing were waiting backstage, rehearsing, sweating, crying, and other things people did before getting ready for a talent show. The only one who was panicking was Ibuki.

  "Aaaaahhhh...where's Sayaka?!" she shouted. "She hasn't shown up, yet!" The other girls started asking other competitors to see if they knew the whereabouts of the pop star.