The Monster Of Casa V3 (1)

Himiko was sitting outside on the front porch, waiting for her special friend to come. She had with her a bottle of water and on her face was a smile full of excitement and hope. The front door to Casa V3 swung open to reveal Kokichi. 

   "Oh, there you are!" he said, sitting next to her. "I've been looking everywhere for you!"

    "Ssshhhh!" Himiko shushed him. 

   "Why are we ssshhh-ing?" he whispered.

   "I'm waiting for someone," Himiko whispered back. "We have to be very quiet if we want him to come."

   "HIM?!?!" Kokichi exclaimed, holding up a sassy finger to her. 

    "SSHHHH!!!" Himiko scolded, putting her hand over Kokichi's mouth. Kokichi huffed as he crossed his arms and began to pout. Suddenly, a tiny cat head poked out from behind the porch wall. Himiko's eyes lit up as she stuck her hand out. "C'mere, Osiris! C'mere, kitty!" she called out softly. The cat happily bounded up to Himiko, and she began to pet it. Kokichi's pout was replaced with a large smile. He also started to pet the cat.

  "Hey, there, li'l guy," he said. The cat purred contentedly under Kokichi and Himiko's warm and firm hands. 

   "Nyeh...can you help me with something, Kokichi?" Himiko asked. 

   "Okie-dokie! What do you need me to do?" he replied. 

    "I need you to pour that water into my hands so Orisis can drink," Himiko said, nodding towards the bottle of water as she cupped her hands. Kokichi poured the water into Himiko's hands, and Osiris began to lap it up with his tiny, pink tongue.

    "Awwww..." Kokichi and Himiko cooed in unison. After Osiris was finished drinking, he mewed as if to say "thank you." Kokichi and Himiko petted him some more, and even rubbed his belly a few times. Osiris finally stood up and stretched. Himiko suddenly looked sad.

   "He does that when he's about to leave," she said. A look of disappointment flashed across Kokichi's face.

   "That's too bad," he said. Osiris stuck his paw out to Kokichi. Kokichi smiled and took it as if he were shaking Osiris's paw. "It was nice to meet you, Osiris." Osiris mewed in response. Then, he turned and put a comforting paw on Himiko's knee. Himiko gave him a sad smile and patted his paw. The little cat then bounced away, his tail moving side-to-side as if to wave goodbye to them, until he disappeared from their sight. Kokichi and Himiko stared in the direction that Osiris had left in sad silence. "Nice cat," Kokichi said after a while.

   "Yeeaahh..." Himiko sighed sadly.

   "When'd you meet him?" Kokichi asked.

   "About a week ago," Himiko said. "I was walking home from Sunakku when I noticed a stray cat that looked thirsty, so I gave him water. Ever since then, he's been coming around here everyday looking for water."