A Dangan Fairy Tale: Himipunzel (1)

Himiko was at her desk intently proofreading her current fanfic when she heard a silly, rhythmic knocking at her door. Himiko smiled, knowing it was Kokichi.

  "Nobody is in he-ere!" she joked. 

   "Well, gee, that's a mean thing to call yourself, Himiko," Kokichi joked back. Himiko was confused by what he meant at first, but then facepalmed. 

   "Come iiinnn," she groaned, hanging her head in defeat. Kokichi entered her room with a crap-eating grin on his face.

   "Nee-heehee...you walked right into that one!" he teased as he pinched her cheek. 

   "I know," Himiko sighed. "Nyeh...I can never out joke you, it seems." 

   "Well, yeah, nobody can outjoke the class clown," Kokichi pointed out. Himiko perked up.

   "Nyeh...speaking of which, I'm writing a fanfic right now, and you're in it!" she said. Kokichi gave her a curious smile.

  "Oh? Does it involve me ruining Kyoko and Shuichi's lives, again?" he asked. Himiko shot him an annoyed look.

   "No, thanks to you, I stopped writing my Kyoko and Shuichi fanfic," she grumbled. "I still feel bad about that whole fiasco."

   "Okay, okay, geez, you don't have to bite my head off," Kokichi pouted. They shot each other brief, annoyed looks then looked away from each other. Aside from Himiko typing on her keyboard, the room was otherwise filled with an awkward silence. Kokichi kept fidgeting and glancing at her until he couldn't stand the quiet any longer. 

   "Sooo, what's your new story about?" Himiko didn't reply. She kept typing away as if he weren't there. Kokichi sighed heavily, then tugged at Himiko's sleeve. "Okay, Himiko...I'm sorry, okay?" Himiko turned to look at him skeptically.

   "Do you really mean it?" she asked.

   "Yes!" Kokichi said with a sincere look in his eye. Himiko leaned in forward closer to him and narrowed her eyes.

   "I can use my magic to tell if you're lying," she said in a low voice. 

   "AAUUUGHHH, PLEASE, HIMIKO!!! PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE STORY IS ABOUT!! PWETTY PWEEAAASEE?!" Kokichi whined, throwing his arms around her and squeezing her. Himiko sighed.

   "Okay, but only if you PROMISE that you'll only read the story, and NOT get any ideas from it," Himiko said. "And if you DO get any ideas, you won't act out on them, got it?" Himiko demanded. 

   "Okie-tay, I promise," Kokichi replied. "And I really, really, for realsies mean it!" 

    "'Kay, I'll tell you," Himiko said. "I'm the main character, Himipunzel."

     "Himipunzel?" Kokichi asked. "So, you have long hair, then?"