That Time When Himiko Built A Kokichi Shrine In Her Closet (2)

The next morning, Himiko and Tenko heard a silent knock at their door. Tenko jumped out of bed to answer and saw Angie. 

  "Is Himiko awake?" Angie whispered. They had to be quiet since it was way early in the morning and everyone else was still asleep. Tenko waved Himiko over. Himiko saw Angie's eyes were wide with excitement. 

  "Did you finish?" Himiko asked excitedly. Angie nodded and motioned for the two girls to follow her. When they arrived, they saw that Tsumugi was already awake and bouncing with anticipation. She shut the door behind them. Tenko and Himiko looked around for the effigy.

  "Nyeh...where is it, Angie?" Himiko asked.

  "Before I tell you, Himiko, Tsumugi had a brilliant thought last night as I was making the effigy," Angie said. She pointed to one of the corners of Tsumugi's side of the room. "Remember that elegant-looking chair that used to be there?" Himiko nodded. "Well, Tsumugi came up with the idea that you-know-who should sit on it like it's a throne and here is the final touch!" Angie went over to her closet, opened the door, and dragged the chair with the Kokichi effigy out. Himiko and Tenko gasped in astonishment. The Kokichi effigy looked exactly like the real deal! The effigy sat up straight in the chair with his legs crossed and a sly smile on his face and a soul-piercing stare. One of his fingers underneath his chin as if he were pondering something. On his head was a crown, which must have been one of Tsumugi's cosplay props. Himiko's eyes lit up with pure joy.

  "Oh, my gosh, Angie!" she whispered. "That's amazing!!" 

  "Why, thank you, Himiko," Angie replied. "I'm happy you like it! Praise be to Atua! But, I don't think we can take it to your room just yet. Not until we're done decorating the rest of your closet."

  "I suppose you're right," Himiko said, still smiling and blushing as she stared at the Kokichi effigy. Angie closed the door to her closet. 

  "Well, we should go wake up Kaede," Angie suggested. "After you and Tenko left, she told me that she had a few good ideas."

  "I'll go get her!" Tsumugi said and rushed out. She came back with a sleepy Kaede who was rubbing her eyes but brightened up at the sight of Himiko. 

  "Did you see the effigy?" Kaede asked her. Himiko nodded. "Can I see?" she asked Angie. Angie opened up her closet to show Kaede who squealed and laughed silently with joy. "You did an amazing job, Angie!" Angie giggled. 

   "Angie said you had some ideas on how to decorate my shrine, Kaede," Himiko said. "What are they?" Kaede's eyes lit up.

  "Okay! Okay! I'm thinking that we paint the walls of your closet purple, and then we put a narrow strip of checkered-pattern wallpaper that goes along the bottom of the wall!" Kaede gestured to the part of the wall near the floor right above the baseboard. "Ooo! Ooo! And then, we can build a checkered-pattern podium for the chair to stand on!" Himiko was glad to see that Kaede was into the whole Kokichi shrine thing. 

  "That really is a cool idea!" Himiko said as she thought about it. "Okay! Let's get to work right now! We should at least start before the others wake up."