Emotionally Detached (8)

Bank Teller Himiko's eyes shifted back and forth between Kokichi and Himiko's emotions. Himiko's emotions looked at Kokichi with uncertainty. Kokichi kept his unrelenting gaze fixed on Bank Teller Himiko.

   "A-Are you sure that's the one you want?" Bank Teller Himiko asked.

   "Kokichi...um, that's the whole reason why we're in this situation in the first place," Sadness said quietly. 

   "That's the one I want," Kokichi insisted. Bank Teller Himiko sighed, but typed the information into her computer. A long tube used to transport memories to and fro hovered above Bank Teller Himiko's desk. In a matter of seconds, a magic wand that glowed every few seconds between blue, red, green, and gray exited the tube and into Bank Teller Himiko's hand. She hesitantly gave the wand to Kokichi.

   "Why is it glowing different colors like that?" Kokichi asked.

   "Nyeh...each of these wands is a memory," Bank Teller Himiko explained. "The color of the wand represents the type of emotion the memory is associated with. If a memory wand is blue, then it's a sad memory. If it's red, it's an angry memory, and so on, and so forth."

   "I see," Kokichi said, observing the multicolored wand in his hand. "That Honor Roll ceremony must have really taken a toll on her."

   "Mmmm, it's definitely a powerful memory," Bank Teller Himiko replied grimly. 

   "And it's the reason why that barrier is up in the first place!" Anger huffed at Kokichi. "All Himiko is going to do is keep us away even more!"

   "And we'll be doomed!" Fear moaned. "If Himiko keeps shutting us out, she'll be a hollow shell of her former self, and we won't be of any use to her. Then, we'll cease to exist and Himiko will become a serial killer, or something! Or...worse!"

   "Look, you guys should be willing to do whatever it takes to break through that barrier!" Kokichi said. "You love Himiko, right?" They nodded with uncertainty. "Why do you guys look so unsure?"

  "Well...we do argue with each other a lot," Sadness explained, gesturing to herself and her sisters. "Like, how you saw us fighting earlier. That's how it was, sometimes, when we were at the HimiCommand Center trying to guide Himiko through her feelings. Whenever we would come into conflict with each other, it's as if Himiko is fighting with herself, internally. When we can't sort out our differences, it's as if Himiko is experiencing emotional turmoil, and when that happens, she feels confused about how she's supposed to feel and incapable of properly dealing with whatever's wrong with her. She feels as though she is defective, and that's another reason why she shuts us off from her. If we can't get along, then we basically mess up Himiko. I guess what I'm trying to say is...we must not love Himiko as much as we thought we did. Therefore, she doesn't love herself."

   "Well, it's time you start," Kokichi said. "You want to love her, right?" The emotions nodded silently. "I said...you WANT to LOVE her, right?!" Kokichi repeated louder. 

   "YES, WE DO, OKAY?!" Anger screamed. She turned to her sisters with tears in her eyes. "I wanna make Himiko happy, and make her love herself. But to do that, I...I wanna love you guys, too!"