♔ᴍɪɴᴅ♔

•T

•T.w anxiety•

𝕴 wake up early by myself. Glancing towards the clock it's six am, deciding there's not much point in going back to sleep I get up and start getting ready for the day. I couldn't help but notice the bad feeling resting in my stomach. I'm not new to the feeling of anxiety, having had it from when I was twelve or thirteen, but every-time I feel that pit in my stomach I know i'm in for a tough day.

Arabella and Ember wake up on their own and get ready, conversing about the new article in the new edition of Witch Weekly's.

"What do you think about it Rose?" Ember questions. I don't answer as my minds in an over drive of thoughts. What could this bad feeling possibly be today?

"Rose?" Bella calls softly. I glance towards her with a head tilt, questioning what she asked.

"We were asking-"

"It's happening again isn't it? You have the bad feeling again" Bella cuts Ember off, knowing I was in a world of my own.

I sigh knowing there's nothing you can hide from bella and nod hesitantly.

"Any idea what the cause is this time?" Ember inquired as we walk through the doors of the Great Hall for breakfast.

I shrugged not having any clue, wishing the feeling would just disappear away. We sat down and I immediately grabbed coffee, knowing it was going to be a long day. I spot my Gryffindor friends across the table and discreetly wave, ensuring no one else noticed. They smiles and waved back before going back to their breakfasts.

"Is this why you were up so early, you usually don't wake up for breakfast"

I again nod, still stuck in my own thoughts dancing around my brain. They continue chatting away checking me every few minutes to see if I was okay, finishing up their breakfast.

•••

Walking in to potions, I spare no glance towards Regulus and sit at my desk, twirling around the rings on my fingers. A habit i've picked up, especially on my low days like today.

"Ah, I see you took my advice and improved your punctuality" He mocks, checking the clock, "twenty minutes before you usually stroll in, what an improvement, you must be so proud of yourself."

I refuse to acknowledge his comments, keeping myself to myself as the rest of the class files in and Slughorn begins the lesson.

"What no comment back today, princess?"

When I don't answer yet again he looks at me taking in my half-hearted appearance today. On my low days, I don't put much of an effort in the way I look, I just try and get through the day as fast as I can. His eyebrows furrow and grey eyes glisten with a hint of concern.

He starts speaking again, I can barely make out the words, whilst my chest tightens thinking of all the unpleasant things that could happen today.

"Rosier" He practically shouts down my ear and I jump up in surprise, I suppose I forgot my surroundings for a while. I turn to him raising a brow, puzzled to what he shouted down my ear for.

"I said, are you alright"

"erm no not really" I don't give him a chance to respond before I grab my bag and rush out the classroom, not sparing a thought towards Slughorn as he calls behind me.

I sprint out on to the grounds, only stopping when I reach a tree. My mind spinning out of control, thinking of the endless thoughts constantly occuring in my brain. I didn't even notice I was moving leaves and powering the air around me until I heard a voice come up behind me.

"Ms. Rosier, would you like to accompany me to my office" The calm voice belonging to a man with twinkling blue eyes and a white beard, bringing me to a halt in my thoughts.

"of course, professor" I tried to smile, concealing my concern as to why Dumbledore would want to speak to me.

In all my experiences with the man, I never really was his biggest fan. I would say that i'm rather good at reading people and I find Dumbledore to be quite manipulative and controlling. He would say he wasn't prejudiced in any way, I would suggest otherwise. It is clear to many that he favours the proud lions, after being one himself. I just don't think I trust the man as others do.

When arriving to his office, he offers me a seat, and some liquorice, looking down at me through his crescent-moon glasses.

"Lovely weather outside today, I always favour Autumn weather and take a stroll through the-"

"Pardon me Professor for my intrusion but, I don't think you brought me here to talk about the weather" I tried to be as polite as possible, despite knowing exactly where this conversation was heading.

"Dark times are here Ms. Rosier. I am sure you, yourself are very aware. I'm afraid for your safety as you possess powers only some could ever dream of, i'm only here because I worry for you" Honestly, everyone believes Dumbledore is the wisest, most trust worthy person on the planet. I beg to disagree, I can already gather he is lying, he has no worry for me, a pure blooded, Slytherin teenage girl. He just wants to use my ability to his advantage. Obviously being the headmaster of the school, he was told about my telekinesis. I thought he would have forgotten by now, clearly not.

"I gather that is not all you want to talk to me about Professor. I would like to think you are worried for the safety of all your students and would do everything in your uttermost power to keep them safe"

"Naturally, I would like to mention a defence group I have put together, it would-"

"I'm sorry professor, I understand you would like me to join the supposed defence group however it is not in my best interest at the moment, I really want to work on my studies for my OWLs, sir" I can see the slightest bit of annoyance in his face, despite recovering rapidly with a smile.

"Of course, if that is what you wish, my dear. If you ever change your mind, you know where to find me."

Internally cringing at his choice of words I responded with my natural charming smile, "thank you sir, I will do well to keep that in mind"

Many people would be afraid to speak up to Dumbledore as he is known as one of the most powerful wizards to the day, with his huge influence in the Wizengamot and as headmaster of the school. I, however am not afraid to speak my mind to the man. He has no opponent, someone to challenge him and I think that everyone needs a challenge therefore, I give him one. Dumbledore seems calm and collected whilst making his points across with the smallest hints of jabs towards the other person, allowing him to feel in control of the situation. You take away that control, he loses his power and calm nature.

Exiting his office, I decide I would take the day off, I would have a lack of concentration in the day, i'll just ask Bella or Ember for notes later. I trudge back to the my dorm and sleep the rest of the day away.

•••

Meanwhile, Dumbledore is collecting up a plan to try and get this girl on his side. If only she knew how powerful she could actually be, a key to winning this war. Nothing ever comes without a price though, as he thinks towards her challenging nature, she's certainly not afraid to call him out on things and makes sure she gets what she wants. Not everyone can take control like she can, and that may just be problem for Dumbledore as he has found a worthy opponent.

•1332 words•