♔ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴsᴇᴛ♔

𝕿he funeral was dull

𝕿he funeral was dull. The days were depressing, the world was significantly more dark without them. Still, the light shone in the sky, letting me know they were up there together. I know they would be happy and at peace watching over us, they were probably with Monty and Mia, they were good people, they would be looking after them for me. Apparently they didn't go down without a fight, they stood their ground till the very last moment until the aurors showed up. That's my girls.

At the moment, I was sat alone in the meadow not far from the manor, snuggled under a blanket against the tree as my two best friends painted the sky with pretty colours of purple, pink and oranges. I wasn't given much time to grieve and mourn the death of Bells and Ember, I was running the Wizarding World, like I said time ticks on, the world doesn't pause and if you don't move along with it you get left behind. So these were the moments I had with them, the sunset giving me somewhat a feeling of peace and reassurance.

I felt a presence next to me, I shuffled over a bit allowing him to rest against the tree as he slid underneath the blanket. I moved my head on to his shoulder, the knot forming in the back of my throat again and the tears stinging in my eyes. He kissed my head affectionately, before leaning his head against mine.

"I miss them and it's all my fault" I sniffed, droplets of small tears gliding down my cheeks to my trembling lips.

"It's not your fault, love. You can think that you did this, but you didn't. No, this was Dumbledore" He whispered, holding me into him, "Ara, you see that beautiful sky. They did that just for you. They are okay" He motioned to the sunset in front of us over the many fields.

"If i'm so powerful like the prophecy said, why couldn't I protect them, or save them. Why couldn't I save Monty and Mia?" I questioned, moving my head off his shoulder to his chest, snuggling further into him, trying to match my heartbeat with his.

"I don't know, mon amour. The world does cruel things to us, it's how it works" He sighed, raking his hands through my hair. There was no answers. He was right the world was cruel, and it kept on taking things away from me. The world treated me poorly and I didn't understand why.

"Please don't leave me"

"Never. I'm here to stay, for our forever" He promised, kissing the top of my head again, leaving his lips lingering longer. I felt drops on the top of my head, his own tears, I didn't mention it though, I just held on to him more.

"Mind if we join you?" A soft voice called to the two of us, a few taking the seats around us. I smiled a bit when my free hand was interlaced with a strong, warm one letting me know he was with me. They all were. We all sat in silence, admiring the sunset until Marlene started laughing, causing all of us to shift our gaze to the blonde.

"Sorry, I just I can hear them in my mind. 'Bells that's enough purple we won't have enough for the other colours', 'you can never have enough purple Ems'" She mimicked the two girls, causing us all to chuckle. That's exactly something they would say, Arabella loved purple, it was her favourite colour in the world. The laughter died down and I took my head out of Regulus' chest, staring at the sky again.