♔ᴛʜᴇ ᴅʀᴇssᴇs♔

𝕿he months progressed, February turning to March, March into April

𝕿he months progressed, February turning to March, March into April. Each one of them continuing closer to our wedding and the end of the war. My birthday was as good as it could be considering the circumstances, it was my first one without Arabella and Ember but Regulus tried to make the day as special as possible to to my mind off it, which I admired him for.

We trained daily, becoming more and more prepared for the final day of the war, leading the Wizarding World to victory when we were free of Albus Dumbledore and his cronies. Tom worked on me the most, building up my endurance and strength- he did not hold back. We duelled each other properly, putting aside all of our thoughts and feelings of feeling guilty if we hurt each other. At the end of every session he hugged me a little longer than usual, just to make sure I was okay.

Dolohov taught us how to use daggers, just in case we got disarmed and needed another way to defend ourselves. I never thought Regulus would look extremely attractive twirling a jet black, sharp dagger in his hands, listening to what Dolohov had to say. I would say I picked up the art of using a dagger fairly quickly, my mind helping me with my aim as I could practically force the dagger where I wanted it to go. It was a new skill I was extremely pleased to have.

"How are you doing, Rosie Posie?" Evan asked me after another session, the two of us staying outside a little longer than everyone else. I didn't see him as often as I wanted to, with everything going on with the war and being minister- I didn't have much free time.

"I'm alright, Ev. I'm just waiting for this all to be over" I mumbled, sitting on the grass, watching the stars begging to shine brightly in the sky. He sat beside me, copying my actions.

"Me too. I know this has all been tough on you, you are taking on a lot of responsibility"

"It's what I have to do, atleast it will be over soon and we can live in peace. All of us" I announced, shuffling closer to him when he draped his arm around my shoulder. "I can see you more than I'm doing now"

"Is that your way of saying you miss me?!" He joked, nudging me and chuckling softly, "I miss you too"

"I feel like I barely see you anymore. After the war, we are going to choose a day every two weeks that will be a day just for us"

"I'd love that, very much" He agreed, smiling down to me. "So your wedding is next month..."

"Yeah" I whispered, not being able to take the smile off my face at the thought of marrying the person I loved the most in the world.

"You are so in love with that boy, Rosie" He laughed again, repeating his words when he dropped me off the platform before my sixth year, advising me to tell him before I regretted not saying anything.

"I'm so in love with that boy, Ev" I confessed, spotting the Regulus star in the leo constellation, Sirius may have been the brightest star in the sky, but Regulus was always the brightest, most beautiful one for me.