♔ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ♔

Dragon Pox

Dragon Pox. No cure. Nothing known to help. Mia and Monty. Two of the kindest souls, plagued by an evil disease. They didn't deserve this, they deserved to see James get married to Lily, they deserved to see Sirius and Remus get married. They deserved to meet their Grandchild. But it's all in the unknown. How long will they have left? No one knows. They just have to suffer and wait. Evil.

But life goes on and I have to go back to Hogwarts for my final year. I didn't want to go back- what with everything going on and Dumbledore being there. James assured me he would contact me through the rings if anything happens, the rest of them too. Tom persuaded me to go back too, if I didn't, it would look too suspicious, he insisted if I needed him I would go to him. Atleast I have Regulus, Arabella, Ember and Junior. Minnie too, the only thing I was looking forward to going back to Hogwarts for.

•••

Here we were, on the Hogwarts Express for the long journey to the castle that used to be my 'home'. A home that was ruined by the presence of Albus Dumbledore. Junior had left for a different compartment, the rest of us resting in the Marauder's old one, talking about our summers and plans. We knew it was the Marauder's because they carved their initials into the wood. Mischievous boys.

"Ara, James promised us that he would tell us if anything happens straight away. Don't stress yourself over it" Regulus reminds me, kissing the side of my head. He had his arm wrapped around my shoulder as I cuddled into his chest, enveloped in his comforting scent.

"I know, Reg, but they don't deserve this. They are good people, and they know they could die at any minute. What if I can save them?" I sighed, feeling my eyes start to glisten and a knot form in the back of my throat. I very rarely cry. Only in extreme cases.

"I'm sorry, my love, I'm not sure you can" He caressed my hair, soothingly. But what if I can? I'm a telekinesis, what if there was a way?

"There must be a way, I could use my mind to relieve it from them somehow. No one's ever tried it before, what if I have the power to save them?" I pointed out, looking up at him.

"But at what cost, Ara. What if it kills you? They won't want that either" He argued.

"Younger people are less susceptible to the disease, I will be able to fight it off. They should see James and Sirius grow up, James and Lily have baby on the way for fuck sake" I cried, drawing the attention of my two best friends.

"Rose, he's right. You may not even be able to do anything about it, and then it may hurt you. Remember that time in the snow when you used too much power?" Arabella added.

"But I have to try!" I shouted, accidentally closing the blinds of the compartment and the lights flickering on and off.

"Ara..." He dragged me into his arms as I cried, rubbing my back, "shh sh, we can talk to Min about it if you really wish. But don't get your hopes up, okay? Come on, shh"