♔ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsᴛ♔

𝕴'm awoken the following day to my usual alarm clock, "Rose your going to be late again, you have twenty minutes till transfiguration" Ember utters to me

"Your coffees on the side Rose and we packed your bag ready for you. See you in a bit" I pick up my coffee, feeling the need to drown myself in it to keep me awake. "We packed your bag for you", its times like these  I really appreciate my friends. I'm thankful for them.

Shoving on my uniform, I pick up my bag and aim for the transfiguration classroom. I pass on the make up today, perhaps i'll add some later but for now i'm too tired to function and I can't afford to be anymore late than I am. Charming Voldemort is one thing, charming Mcgonagall is impossible. Making sure to stop at the kitchens on the way I arrived at the classroom.

She was in the middle of explaining something when I glided in, "Miss Rosier, I see you've decided to join us now. Could you tell us why you thought you would be alright to arrive late to this lesson?"

"I'm sorry Minnie, really. I'm certain you are aware of something called insomnia. Yes, anyway, I happened to pick up these on my way to class and thought you might enjoy them. I promise they are genuine. I know how much you enjoy them" I offer the women gesturing to a plate of biscuits in my hand, and sigh in relief when her lips turn up slightly.

"I'm sorry you still have detention this evening Miss Rosier" I sigh internally at my failed attempt, "only seen as I gave one to Mr Black just five minutes before you came"

"What but the biscu- oh yeah for sure. I'll be there tonight Minnie" I agreed, handing her the plate of biscuits before taking my seat. She chucked a bit at my reaction, she knew of my friendship with the marauders, having found me in the gryffindor common room a number of times. She's grown to like me since then, hence why I get away with the nickname.

The lesson drags on and I feel myself slipping in and out of concentration of the topic shes teaching. I know its my owl year and I should have my undivided attention on the professor but theres no doubt I'll pass them all easily. There's other things bothering me.

Feeling a hand touch my arm, I notice the class has left and Minnie's stood next to me, "I hope your alright Rose. And do see Madame Pomfrey if your insomnia gets too much to handle"

"No can do Minnie, there's not much she can help with, she stopped supplying me with dreamless sleep potion years ago- I would have grown used to it now and it stop being effective. I'm alright I promise" She smiles sadly at my response and I head towards the door, calling back,

"Seven pm sharp, Miss Rosier, you too Mr Black" she shouts back as I shut the door. Mr Black? Regulus?

•••

Just as she said, I see him leaning on a wall outside the door, his arms crossed over one another, looking deep in thought. Seeing i've come out the door, he strolls up to me,

"Are you okay?"

"Are you?"

"Fair question. I'm exhausted but I think I asked you first"

"Me too, all this really takes its toll on you, doesn't it? Everything going on and the lack of sleep on top of that it's draining" I reply, rubbing my tired eyes and yawning.

"Come on" He grabs my hand, dragging me to somewhere. I feel butterflies as his skin comes in contact with mine, a jolt of electricity when he intertwines our fingers leading me into the unknown.

"Where are we going?"

"To rest, we're both exhausted. We need this, just trust me" I can do that. Whole heartedly, trust him.

Before I know it, we are outside of the castle and on to the grounds. We walk along a pathway to a tree when he pulls me down onto a blanket he must have conjured. The view of the Black Lake this specific day is beautiful.

"Regulus, we are meant to be in potions right now" I remind him, not taking my eyes off the lake. 

"Slughorn won't care, we are his favourites, besides we can brew any potion he wants us to blindfolded, we don't need the class" I look at him, he looks particularly handsome today, his curls messily hanging over his forehead, uniform untidy as he discarded his robe. "Look at you, your half asleep already. Briar Rose you need this, please" he pleads at me. Maybe I do need a break.

"Okay, if you insist"

He smiles at my answer before he instructs, "come here". I shuffle towards him and he places my head gently to rest on his shoulder. "Dors, ma briar rose, je suis là".  I feel myself relax, the last thing I remember was him placing his head on top of mine, falling into a deep slumber.

•••

From not to far away, two recognise the pair and smile, eyeing how their close proximity and comfortable they seemed together as he let her rest on him whilst he waits for her to wake up on her own.

"She needed someone like him" the blonde gryffindor states, "I've been worried about her, she doesn't look after herself the way she deserves"

"They both needed someone and I think it's perfect they found it in each other" The brown haired boy replied, his gaze fixated on his brother and the girl he's learned to know as a sister, "come on Marls, i'm ready to prank"

"Sirius I told you before, i'm not your pranking buddy, thats James. Besides if I get caught I will have to face an angry Lily and it is not something I want to experience again"

"Fine. Lets go to the common room, maybe we should pop in to see Minnie on the way she might have biscuits". The two leave the pair in peace as they stay still, frozen together as the world continues turning.

•••

Unknown to others, Dumbledore is pacing in his office, thinking of the girl who refused his offer to join his organisation. Her whole aura has changed. He wanted to know why.

"Albus. Do not be ridiculous. Briar Rose Rosier has not joined the dark side"

"How can you be so sure, Minerva. You saw the way she walked into the great hall when she came back from the holidays. She has changed, it's like she felt as though she was powerful"

"No, no she wouldn't have. I've seen the way she cares for her friends, my house. She wouldn't put her own friends in danger. What would she have to gain from joining him?"

"That is what I would like to find out, Minerva. I shall call her to-

"No absolutely not" the professor cuts of the headmaster. "I believe she is resting at this time, and godric does she need it. She looked half dead this morning. Besides, I have a rather huge bet with Slughorn and you are not interfering"

"Very well. I shall speak to her tonight"

"I'm sorry Albus, i'm afraid you'll have to wait. She has detention with me tonight along with Mr Black" the witch clarifies.

"You gave her detention and with Mr Black?"

"Yes, indeed I did" she smiles thinking of how he waited for her to come out of the lesson. The girl clearly didn't notice the concerned looks from the boy throughout the lesson. But the professor did, and she was extremely pleased about it.

•1285 words•