♔ɴᴏᴠᴀ's ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ♔

𝕬 distant cry woke me up from my slumber on a particularly sunny morning, the sun beaming down through the window of our bedroom in the manor

𝕬 distant cry woke me up from my slumber on a particularly sunny morning, the sun beaming down through the window of our bedroom in the manor. I rubbed my eyes, noticing Regulus was still sound asleep, his body facing mine, his loose curls hanging angelically over his face as his eyelashes fluttered in his sleep. I slid out of our bed over to the small cot on the side of the room, glancing down at our baby girl, who stared up at me crying.

"What's up, my little Novie?" I whispered, picking her up out of the cot, immediately comforting her, "You want to sleep with mummy and daddy? Is that what it is?"

She stopped crying as I walked back over to our bed, placing her down carefully in between Regulus and I, turning on my side to watch her. Everyone believes their child is the most gorgeous, perfect baby in the world but it was entirely true. She was everything we could have ever wanted her to be. She had the best mix of both of us, including one of our eyes each. She had our dark hair that would probably end up with small curls in just like Regulus', she had pale pink plump lips and a cute button nose.

She fluttered her long eyelashes closed, drifting back off into sleep being comforted by the two of us, no doubt feeling protected and warm. I smiled to myself, flickering my eyes between the two people I loved the most in the world, how could I have gotten so lucky? To have someone you love so deeply and share something special with, that you created, it was a feeling like no other. Almost like I had been successful with my life just because I had Regulus and Nova.

After a while Regulus started to stir from his sleep, letting out a soft sigh before opening up his stormy eyes. He immediately smiled at our little star before latching his eyes on to mine. He moved his hand towards mine, intertwining our fingers together under the covers, just below where Nova laid in between us. He squeezed my hand, blowing me a kiss from the other side, making my heart flutter. Of course it wasn't exactly the same as before, we had a baby to look after full time however we still made time for each other and the small moments like these really counted, sometimes I wish we could just freeze in time. I knew before we knew it she would be off to Hogwarts and we would maybe have more children and it would go by in a flash. I just wanted to spend as much time as I possibly could enjoying these special moments.

"Morning, mon amour" He mumbled in a raspy, morning voice, quiet enough not to wake our sleeping girl.

"Morning, Reg" I mumbled back, smiling at him before shifting my gaze back on to our baby. No matter how many times I say that, it always makes me feel warm inside. Our baby girl.

"When did she wake up?" He questioned softly, mirroring my gaze on to her, her small chest moving up and down as she breathed in and out.

"Not that long ago, and she went straight back to sleep"

"Mm, she just likes to be in between us" He hummed, "Did you sleep okay?"

"Yeah, I fed her at four when she woke up but apart from that I slept good" I answered, "Did you?"