♔ғᴇʙʀᴜᴀʀʏ 12ᴛʜ 1982♔

February 12th 1982

February 12th 1982.

𝕹o moment or experience could ever compare to the one when you hold your child in your arms for the first time. No matter how many babies you've held, how many children you've looked after, the instant connection you feel with your own, it's incomparable. There is no feeling like it in the world, to hold something you and someone you love deeply created together. The unconditional love you feel from the second you see them, I can't even begin to explain it.

After a long morning of contractions and eventually pushing, from four am till nine in the morning, our baby Black arrived in to the  now peaceful world at 6lbs five ounces. Regulus stayed by my side the entire time, making sure I had everything I wanted and needed whilst trying to hold back his nerves and his excitement of knowing he was about to become a father. I thought it was adorable, I could tell he was going to be the best dad to our little one.

He laid up beside me on the bed in St Mungos, the two of us having our own private moment whilst Tom went to inform the others who had been waiting in the waiting room since six this morning when he finally told them I was in labor. I cradled them in my arms, in utter awe. How could something so small and delicate be so beautiful and breath taking? Regulus pressed a gentle kiss to my temple, glancing down to our baby. You should allows follow your gut instincts, they are more often than not, correct.

"She's the most perfect baby girl i've ever seen" He whispered, watching as our tiny daughter slept in my arms after feeding from me, "We made her"

"Yes, we did" I murmured, lifting my head up slightly to meet his gorgeous grey eyes, his full smile on his face, my expression mirroring his despite my exhaustion.

"You did amazing, mon amour"

I pressed my lips lightly on his, careful to not wake up our baby girl. "I love you, Reg"

"Mm, and I love you, Ara" He mumbled, pecking my lips once more before we shifted our attention back on to the baby.

"And Mummy and Daddy love you, very much"

•••

There was a gentle knock at the door before the group piled in, being as quiet as they could possibly be, still getting scolded by Tom from their level of noise. They surrounded the three of us, them all gasping as they took the first glance at our precious baby girl.

"She looks just like you. The both of you" Lily whispered, examining her from my arms. I don't know how she could tell already, can you tell who a baby is going to look more like when they are just born? Apparently Lily can.

"She's gorgeous" Mary cooed, beaming down at her.

"I knew it was going to be a girl, I have a niece now" Sirius grinned, standing right beside Remus who was next to me by my head.