♔ᴀʀᴀ♔

𝕬 few healing spells and a wrapped arm later, we leave the hospital wing, making our way back to the dungeons

"I told you, see, i'm all perfect now. Poppy is an exceptional healer"

"Of course she is, that's why I wanted you to see her" I said in an obvious tone "congratulations on your win by the way, are you going to be celebrating with your team now, after all you are the star player"

"Are you going to be there?"

"No, I don't think so. But you go on, i'll be back soon" I assure him.

He stops abruptly in the middle of the hallway, turning to face me and directly looking into my green eyes. "I'll be with you" he states firmly continuing to gaze into my eyes.

"No, you should go. Celebrate with the rest of the team. I'll be fine alone."

"How many times do I need to tell you Briar Rose, I don't want to be with them. I want to be with you" Butterflies fluttering in my stomach, I sigh knowing theres no way i'll be able to change his mind.

"Okay" I give in. If you think I was a stubborn person, you should meet Regulus. He takes stubborn to a whole other level.

"Now where did you have in mind?"

"Astronomy Tower?"

He grins, nodding to my suggestion as we began the walk, arms brushing occasionally. "So what did you think of my seeker skills, I'm exceptional aren't I?"

"Meh you could have been better" I tease him playfully.

"Oh yeah? I'd like to see you try"

"I'd beat you every time. Unfortunately i'm too tired now and you have a broken arm."

"Ah yes, i'm sure that's what it is." He replies sarcastically.

•••

We both laugh walking into the tower and sitting against the wall this time. The night is young and you can start to see the stars hang in the sky. I feel him move slightly and he reaches beside me, lifting me up and places me to sit in between his legs,

"Is this okay with you?" He whispered, stroking his hands through my hair.

"Mhm, this is okay" I reassure him, leaning my back into his chest, focusing my eyes on the stars. He leans forward, kissing my temple softly before resting his head back on the wall.

"Which one did you say your favourite was again?" I asked as he stroked his fingers up and down my arms, making me shiver slightly as his fingers graze my skin.

"Ara" I smile and laugh slightly again, thinking of my relation to the constellation, he stops stroking my arms,

"You've done that both times, i've mentioned it now. What's up?" He asks genuinely curious.

"It's nothing bad it's just-" I turn my neck to see his face, looking down at me. His eyebrows furrowed and grey eyes glittering, one hundred percent, the prettiest eyes i've ever seen, "my middle name is Ara"

"I didn't think-"

"I'd have a middle name with my first name being two words, I know. Only my family knows, everyone just assumes I don't have one"

"It's beautiful. Just like you." My heart melts at his words and I smile a genuine smile. We stare at each other scanning over our features. I can make out the one dimple showing on his check, his dark curls, falling over his forehead. He's ethereal.

He inspects her every feature, her pretty green eyes, long eyelashes enhancing their beauty further. Her hazel hair, wavy, falling down her shoulders to the top of her back. She's ethereal. He feels himself leaning in towards her, wanting so desperately to feel her lips on his,

"Can I kiss you?" He asks me so quietly, only just audible.

She flutters her eyes closed as she leans in meeting him halfway, as their lips meet in the middle. He takes that as his answer. The kiss is full of affection and love, lasting for fifteen seconds before they pull away, resting their foreheads against each other's.

The warm sensation, fires in my stomach, exploding as our lips met. It was soft and sweet, no doubt probably the best kiss of my entire life. I've been kissed before in a game of truth or dare in my second year but nothing like this before. Leaning our foreheads together, I open my eyes once more to meet his. No words are spoken we just enjoyed the moment for ourselves, both wanting to have done that for a while now.

After a few more moments, I turn back around to face the stars again. I lean my back against his chest, like before but this time he wraps his arms around my middle pulling me closer into him. I sigh, feeling content, wishing we could stay like this forever. He nuzzles his face into the back of my neck affectionately, only stopping to lift his head when I began speaking,

"What happens now? With us?"

"What do you want?" He questions, always taking my thoughts into account.

"I want to stay like this forever" I feel the vibrations on his chest as he chuckles at my answer,

"Then we stay here, like this, for as long as you want" he replies planting another kiss into my hair.

•889 words•
(Short but wholesome)