♔ᴅɪᴅ sʜᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ...?♔

𝕱ifth year comes to an end as we prepare to leave again for the Summer holidays

𝕱ifth year comes to an end as we prepare to leave again for the Summer holidays. I'm hoping this summer will be a lot better than my previous ones, maintaining more power over my parents now. We board the train, Regulus, Arabella, Ember and I, finding a compartment for the journey. My best friends have welcomed my boyfriend as we have started to spend more time together.

"What are you going to do for Summer?" I question the two girls,

"I think we might be staying around home. That way we can meet up more if we need to" Arabella explains glancing to her girlfriend.

"What about you Rose? Regulus?"

"No idea" We both say in unison, smiling at each other afterwards.

The compartment door is slid open, "it's alright young ones, never fear, your favourite person is here" Sirius exclaims advancing into our compartment, the rest of the Marauders filing in after him.

"Fantastic, Padfoot, it rhymed" James complimented, high fiving him.

"Oh for fuck sake" I mumble to Regulus who swiftly takes me onto his lap as the boys fill the compartment with a tight squeeze.

I leaned my body back into his, fiddling with his ring I gave him for his birthday, his other hand resting on my thigh, tracing shapes and patterns,

"Are you alright?" He whispers gently into my ear, aware of my situation with crowds in  some spaces.

"I'm alright" I assure him as he places a delicate kiss to my temple and nuzzling his head into my neck.

"Disgustingly adorable, aren't they?" Ember says to Sirius, who was sitting next to her, eyeing the interaction. He had never seen his little brother act this way before, never so vulnerable. Same with Rosie. They bring out that hidden side of each other together. He can clearly see the pair are utterly in love with each other, whether they had voiced it or not.

"Yeah, they are" he replies, continuing his gaze to the oblivious couple.

•••

The journey lasted several hours, exiting the train, Regulus and I make our way towards our parents, who are stood near each other. We stand in front of them and wrap each other into a long hug. He kisses my forehead,

"I'll see you soon, love" He says quietly as we stay in the same position.

"If they do anything Reg, you know where to find me" I say picking my voice a little so his parents could here.

The faces of disgust from both of our parents as we had both shown affection, in the open area of the platform, were laughable. I had to bite my lip to stop myself from snickering at Walburga's failed attempt at a sneer. As if I would be intimidated by her.

"Walburga, Orion, always a pleasure." I greet, with a dazzling smile that I have managed to perfect.

The excuse of mother then had the audacity to try and snatch Regulus' arm to drag him away from me.

"Oh you surely do not want to do that, do you, Walburga?" I threaten, twirling my wand around my fingers attracting the attention of others on the platform, "my wand can be very temperamental, i'm certain you've heard though" I dropped my voice below a whisper leaning in, "I don't need my wand to kill you without a second thought".

"I do not take kindly to threats, girl"

"Unfortunately nor do I, Walburga, shame I have more influence over things these days, isn't it?" I replied calmly, "I'll see you later Regulus, yeah?"

He nods his head in reply, trying to hold back his laugh as I had just insulted his mother for the whole platform to witness.

"Did she just threaten, my mother?!" Sirius exclaims in disbelief as he stood with the Potters, all watching the interaction.

"Oh she definitely did, Padfoot" James chuckles, "Our Rosie is one of a kind"

"About time someone did too, she's the Slytherin girl you talk about isn't she boys? The Rosier?" Euphemia questions.

"Yeah, thats her"

"Might have to have her over for dinner some time, Regulus too" Euphemia speaks her thought aloud as she examines the girl fondly.

•695 words•