♔ᴀᴠᴀᴅᴀ ᴋᴇᴅᴀᴠʀᴀ♔

𝕳ours passed, we were well into the early hours of the morning, most of his side defeated already by ours, leaving him just standing alone

𝕳ours passed, we were well into the early hours of the morning, most of his side defeated already by ours, leaving him just standing alone. I sent him back into the wall with my mind, knocking him further and further away from us as we challenged him.

"Why are you still going?! Look around! You've already lost, Dumbledore. You are nothing anymore!" I hollered to him, lifting my arms up to gesture to the bodies of his cronies on the floor. I didn't feel too guilty, they had their chance to follow me, they didn't.

Evan glanced around to his sister, watching the interaction intently, more so than the others. He found himself edging closer and closer to his little sister, wanting to protect her. He ignored Tom's curious glances from just behind her, and Regulus was in a world of his own ready to defend his wife if anything happened. He'd seen this before, he'd seen her throw him back to the wall and voice her words, he'd seen it all. He knew.

"You will never defeat me! Not when I have-"

"Your horcrux?" I laughed wickedly, throwing my head back. Did he seriously not think we had destroyed that already, "We destroyed that part of your soul well over a year ago. Did you not think the sorting hat would give me the cup?"

Dumbledore was rarely in shock. That shocked him, although he didn't let it show to the girl. He had checked on his horcrux hours ago, it was still there. Unless- it had been swapped, that was a fake. They had destroyed it. His body raged with fury for the young girl, his veins turning a dark shade of Black, how dare she? She was nineteen years old and she threatened him? She took his power, his people. She took his title from him. 'The Saviour of the Wizarding World'. Every single bone in his body urged him to kill her. That was too easy, that would be too nice for her. She deserved pain. She deserved to feel like nothing could ever be the same again.

He smirked menacingly pointing his wand to Regulus again, my heart stopping beating for a few moments. He was too far away from me, I couldn't cast a shield around him.

"Avada-"

"NO!" I roared at him, my eyes turning dark in a way would send death away in an instant out of fear. Satan himself would praise, and submit to. He would not harm Regulus Black if it was the last thing I did. "YOU FUCKING COWARD! FACE ME YOURSELF! THIS IS OUR FIGHT NOT THEIRS"

"You are a worthless, fool, Briar Rose Black. No matter who I kill first, depriving you from everyone you've ever loved, cared for, it will all have been because of you. You did this" He chuckled bitterly, shifting his wand back to me.

He was right. It would be my fault, he was not going to kill anyone, none of my friends, nor Evan, my dad, Regulus. I would do it all for them. Sirius. Remus. James. Lily. Mary. Dorcas. Marlene. Tom. Evan. Regulus, my Regulus. I would do it for them, and I would take him down with me.

"I'll see you in hell then, the devil would much prefer me to you anyway" I challenged, holding my wand up to him.

Evan edged closer and closer with every word. He knew.